Cannot add Prudential Retirement account

Options
When I try to add a new Prudential Retirement account I'm getting the message "Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault.). There is no other error number associated with this message.

Comments

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @kevlar

Are you also seeing an error code along with the above message?  If so, which error code is it?

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• kevlar
    kevlar Member
    Options
    Hi Frankx,
    There is no error code associated with the error message on the add account screen. However I do see this is the CONNLOG.TXT file:

20220314 09:37:49: QFN: Beginning send to https://ofx.prudential.com/eftxweb/EFTXWebRedirector
    20220314 09:37:49: ***QFN kQFFinished: returns 67305872
    20220314 09:37:49: The server does not recognize a request from the application. Try again now, or wait and try later.
    20220314 09:37:49: QFN: End send to https://ofx.prudential.com/eftxweb/EFTXWebRedirector, netstatus 14
    20220314 09:40:51: QFN: Beginning send to https://ofx.prudential.com/eftxweb/EFTXWebRedirector
    20220314 09:40:51: ***QFN kQFFinished: returns 67305872
    20220314 09:40:51: The server does not recognize a request from the application. Try again now, or wait and try later.
    20220314 09:40:51: QFN: End send to https://ofx.prudential.com/eftxweb/EFTXWebRedirector, netstatus 14
  • msg2u
    msg2u Member
    Options
    I just got off the phone with Prudential. Person I spoke to sounded like a 15 year old girl who gleefully exclaimed that connecting my Prudential Retirement Accounts to Quicken would be a great Idea!! It seems however they do not have that capability and have no interest in developing it. (Every other banking institution has the ability to download customer data to qualified programs like Quicken.)
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @msg2u,

Thanks for the update.  Here's what I suggest that you do - exit from your current datafile and start a brand new datafile in Quicken.  Once setup, attempt to add one account to that datafile - by clicking on the "+" sign, to add an account, and entering "Prudential Retirement" in the "Search for your financial institution".  Complete all followup steps and let me know if you are able to connect to your account in Quicken.

If you are successful, it is possible that there are potential issues with your datafile.  If you are still unsuccessful, it is likely an issue between Quicken and Prudential, and in that case you'll nees to contact Quicken Support vis this LINK.

Let me know how things go.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Purna
    Purna Member
    Options
    I had the same problem. Called Prudential and actually had a competent support person try to help me. She asked me to use an account number of the form <Plan#>X<Sub-Plan#><Last 4 of SSN>, where Plan# and Sub-Plan# are both 6 digits found on the "Personal Information Page" of your Quicken account on the Internet. Here is a link with a discussion on the same:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7372542/prudential-retirement-accounts-not-available-for-download#:~:text=security%20number%20was%201234%20then%20the%20account%20number,account%20and%20going%20to%20the%20Personal%20Information%20page.

However, this too did not work.

I get an Account Not Found error, error code OL-304-A.

If anyone has a resolution, please post it here. Thanks.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    Options
    "The server does not recognize a request from the application. Try again now, or wait and try later." means that the problem is with Pru's servers that Q uses to connect and download.
    Q can't fix this.   Only Pru can fix this.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• photojag
    photojag Member ✭✭
    Options
    Finally I got mine to work by following a 2021 post on this subject that said to use your SSN instead of your User ID when setting up the Direct Connect. Quicken did not acknowledge this was a common issue among subscribers and Prudential (Or now Empower) did not acknowledge that their website instructions for Quicken account access is wrong.

UserID = SSN
    Password = your website password access
    Account No = PlannumberXSubPlanXLast 4 digits of SSN

Thank you all in the 2021 Post on this subject.
This discussion has been closed.