Digital Federal Credit Union Issues - QMac

System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: DCU is Unable to authenticate new User ID (previously Member Number).

Comments

• Steve007
    Steve007 Member ✭✭
    I'm a new subscriber to Quicken for MAC. Just got my Digital Federal Credit Union account set-up with my member number and password the other day and everything worked fine. Then DCU updated me to the new platform which now required a username and password. I can no longer get access to my account from Quicken since it still requires a member number. Will this be fixed by the Quicken team soon?
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Steve007 said:
    I'm a new subscriber to Quicken for MAC. Just got my Digital Federal Credit Union account set-up with my member number and password the other day and everything worked fine. Then DCU updated me to the new platform which now required a username and password. I can no longer get access to my account from Quicken since it still requires a member number. Will this be fixed by the Quicken team soon?
    Hello @Steve007

I am sorry to hear about this issue with outdated credential requirements. Thank you for bringing this matter up for discussion on the Quicken Community.

Have you contacted Digital Federal Credit Union regarding this problem? They may be able to provide further information, and I am certain that they are eager to receive feedback from customers. Keep in mind that it may be necessary to request to speak with a Tier 2 representative or an escalations agent, as they are likely to have a greater degree of familiarity with third-party software and its interactions with their online banking services.

I hope this is helpful.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Steve007
    Steve007 Member ✭✭
    I have contacted there customer support folks. I received this email response recently. I didn't think you could export a CVS file to work with Quicken as the customer support rep suggested?

Dear Steve,

Thank you for your email with regard to connecting to Quicken. I am happy to assist you today.

I apologize for the delay of our response and I appreciate your patience. I do apologize for any inconvenience that may be experienced during this new Digital Banking conversion. DCU is aware of the trouble members are experiencing connecting to Quicken and we are working on a resolution however there is not currently a time table for a resolution. DCU does not support QuickConnect through Quick and you are able to manually input your transaction data if needed. I have listed the steps below to download your transaction history.

Select the account title (in the Accounts section)
    Adjust the date range to the desired range
    Click the Export as CSV link (above the transaction history, next to Print)

For security purposes, if you have any other questions or need additional assistance, please log in to Online Banking to submit a new secure message, and we will be very happy to assist you further.

Sincerely,
    Jeffrey K
    Digital Federal Credit Union
    800-328-8797
    www.dcu.org
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @Steve007,

Unfortunately, CSV files are not compatible with Quicken unless they have been exported by Mint. 

I hope this helps. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• GS4680
    GS4680 Member ✭✭
    I am now having this problem as my DCU account was converted monday. I contacted DCU support, they sent me irrevelevent instructions about Quickbooks - NOT the same product. Is there any viable workaround? I did see in another post that Quicken support is working on it. DCU support providing info on the wrong product isn't helping. If this isn't fixed I may be forced to change financial institutions for the first time in over 25 years.
  • BobM
    BobM Member ✭✭
    This is now working again for me (using my new ID), but it requires the use of a one time code (via email or text). And not just the first time you set up the connection, but every day.
  • BobM
    BobM Member ✭✭
    Forgot to mention, you must use the bank name "Digital Federal Credit Union Old" (not "Digital Federal Credit Union - Bus" or "Digital Federal Credit Union Credi").
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @BobM,

Thank you for contacting the Community. I am happy to hear that this issue has been resolved for you.

As for the repeated one-time code verification, First, I suggest deactivating the account(s) experiencing this error, removing the saved login credentials from the Keychain Access app, and then reactivating the accounts. However, before doing so, I do recommend saving a backup of your data file first (just in case). Then, please check and make sure you do not have any hidden accounts that may be connected to this financial institution.
    1. Go to the Accounts menu and choose Hide and Show Accounts
    2. Uncheck any accounts with this specific financial institution that are checked as hidden in Lists
    After that, please follow the troubleshooting instructions below.
    1. Open the account register and navigate to the Settings gear on the bottom-right corner
    2. Click on the Downloads tab
    3. Click Disconnect Account (if there are more than one account associated with this financial institution, please repeat steps 1 through 3 for each account)
    4. Quit Quicken
    5. Open Finder and navigate to Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access app
    6. On the left panel in the Keychain Access app, set the Keychains to Login and the Category to Passwords
    7. Search for the financial institution's name in the top-right search field and delete any entries found showing "Quicken password for [your financial institution username] at [financial institution name] "
    8. Quit the Keychain Access app and reopen Quicken
    9. Navigate to Accounts > New and choose the appropriate account type for the accounts that you previously deactivated 
    10. At the bottom of the window showing the list of the financial institutions, click on the "My bank is not listed" question mark icon, then click Update List
    11. Wait for the list to finish updating and " Updated: " displays the current date.
    12. Click the Show List button to continue
    13. Use the search field at the top of the list to find and select your financial institution and click Continue
    14. Follow the prompts to sign in using your login credentials associated with the financial institution
    15. If the accounts have been found successfully; use the dropdown menus to link each account to the appropriate account in Quicken
    Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• BobM
    BobM Member ✭✭
    No help. It seems to be connecting OK, but it still repeatedly needs the one time validation code. Also, it has stopped downloading new transactions. I can see newer transactions online in my accounts at DCU, but they are not being downloaded into Quicken. Quick does show it is linked to my various checking, savings, and loan accounts. One other minor issue, it never finds my IRA account at DCU. The connection fix seemed to start with the 6.6.1 release, so maybe I'll wait for the next release to try again. For now, I'll go back to manually downloading. BTW, I did have some older Quicken entries in Keychain, but removing them didn't help.
  • crifever
    crifever Member
    I have the same issue. Quicken on Mac user. Was finally able to setup DCU account using 'DCU - Old' option using my new DCU credentials. It does prompt for one time passcode each time but it is able to connect successfully. It still does NOT download any transactions from the 4 DCU accounts I have :neutral:
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @BobM and @crifever,

Thank you for contacting the Community and for your responses. I do apologize that this error is occurring and that our troubleshooting steps did not aid in a resolution. 

We do currently have an Active Alert regarding Digital Federal Credit Union making some changes to their Online Banking with Quicken. This could be why you are being continually prompted for a passcode and why there may be some other instances occurring. 

I have added a link to the alert which you may follow and bookmark in order to stay up to date on any new information that may arise. 

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7909729/new-3-7-22-digital-federal-credit-union-cc-503-fdp-103#latest

I apologize for any inconveniences that this may cause or has caused. 
    Thank you. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• BobM
    BobM Member ✭✭
    Appreciate the weekly updates on the Digital Federal Credit Union (DCU) issue. For me, all my DCU accounts, but one, are connecting and downloading. So, two issues remain for me: 1) it does not find my Retirement (traditional IRA) account at DCU and 2) it does multifactor authentication for every connection. Both minor inconveniences, but things that worked well before DCU's changes.
  • pgyllstrom
    pgyllstrom Member
    I’m able to connect some of my accounts to Quicken, but some of my accounts, notably the one I use the most, does not show up when connecting. Also when the DCU accounts are listed some accounts are not uniquely identified. For me this is a problem because 3 of my kids opened accounts before age 18 so I’m a secondary owner so their accounts also show up when I log in. When an account shows up as DCU Visa, there is no way to know which account is which. The recommended solution was to ask my kids to remove me, which I have initiated since they are now adults. It may help me, but it is not a root cause fix.
    Also, the 2-factor Auth is triggered each time for me, even when I try to download txns for a connected account. The only way for me to receive the code is to select email. The text option does not work - no code sent. Getting closer but we are not across the finish line. It is still hugely disappointing that DCU made their change that breaks such a commonly used feature. I know work has to be done on both sides for a protocol to work, but to release without testing is unprofessional. This is not on Quicken, this responsibility is clearly on DCU. After all, the protocol didn't change.
  • BobM
    BobM Member ✭✭
    Just an FYI. The multifactor authentication has stopped for me. I don't believe there have been any Quicken updates, so I assume this was addressed by DCU. It does appear that DCU is continuing to correct issues after their platform change. My only remaining issue is the ability to connect to my Retirement (traditional IRA) account at DCU. It's not clear to me if this is a DCU or Quicken issue.
This discussion has been closed.