Unable to login to and download from Vanguard (personal investor)

sfb71
sfb71 Member ✭✭
As of today, I cannot log in to Vanguard. I disconnected and tried to reconnect. Didn't solve the problem.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @sfb71

Are you seeing any error codes or messages related to this problem, or can you tell us what happens when you try to connect?  Any additional information will be helpful.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @sfb71,

Thank you for contacting the Community, I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue.

Before I can further assist you, I require more information. What occurs when you try to sync or perform the 'update all' function with Vanguard? Which version of Quicken are you running? You can see this by going to Quicken>About Quicken. What connection method are you using with Vanguard? Do you receive any error messages or codes?

I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Mike I.
    Mike I. Member ✭✭
    Jasmine, I am jumping on this thread as I have the same problem.
    Details:
    1. Running Quicken Premier - Version 6.6.1 (Build 606.43210.100)
    2. MacOS 12.2.1
    3. 3 Vanguard accounts, all Personal Investment. Had been downloading and Updating with no issues until this morning 3/14/22.
    4. Tried so far:
    A. Fix It option after failed download- Did not work
    B. Reset Connection - Said these accounts were linked to another website (Vanguard.com was on the Settings>Download page) - Cancelled Download
    C. Logged into Vanguard and tried to download transactions - not available
    D. Removed connection and tried to start over - Used Vanguard Personal Investor from Financial Institution list (vanguard.com no longer on the list) - When 3 accounts showed up, it said only Simple Download is available, not cost tracking. I need the cost tracking feature for taxes)
    E. Tried all of the Financial Institutions under Vanguard - none worked
    F. Last successful Downloaded detail transaction was 2/28/22

Out of tricks, any suggestions?

Thanks
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @""Mike I."

Can you tell me what type of connection you have for Vanguard?

To find out  - open the account register > click on the :gear: icon in the upper right > go to "Edit account details" > click on the "Online Services" tab > what does it say after "Connection Method"?

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Mike I.
    Mike I. Member ✭✭
    @Frankx,
    I unfortunately deleted the original connection. but it was using vanguard.com as the website and I am very sure it was Direct Connect
  • Mike I.
    Mike I. Member ✭✭
    @Frankx I restored a backup. it was www.vanguar.com and Direct Connect
  • ptdimarzio
    ptdimarzio Member ✭✭
    There is a similar thread here https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7910115/vanguard-only-simple-tracking where some of us found that as of this morning Vanguard will only support simple tracking, which is not the way it's been and is of course unacceptable as all data gets lost. Something overnight changed in the Vanguard connection (it was working yesterday afternoon for me).
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Mike I. and @ptdimarzio

Which version of Quicken are you running?  Also - @Mike I. after you restored the backup - were you able to connect and download from Vanguard?

Frankx

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    @ptdimarzio

While I am running Windows, not MAC,  I am having no problems or issues connecting to Vanguard today.  Sounds like this may only be Mac related.

Frankx

• Mike I.
    Mike I. Member ✭✭
    @ptdimarzio No, was not able to connect after I restored backup file, same issues
  • Mike I.
    Mike I. Member ✭✭
    @ptdimarzio @Frankx @sfb71
    Hi, Just tried this again.
    It is now working for me.
    The Quicken Financial Institution list was updated to include 'Vanguard'. that was not on the list the past few days.
    I used Direct Connect.
    Note: I had to force the 'Link to' the existing accounts during the set up.
    It now shows that 'Details of cost basis' is available.
    Will let this group know if any further issues or not.
    Mike
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @Mike L.,

We are happy to hear that you were able to log in to Vanguard and download transactions. 

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• sfb71
    sfb71 Member ✭✭
    Jasime,

I have Quicken for Mac version 6.6.2. I do not receive any error messages. I connect thru Quicken Connect. My prior Vanguard accounts are not connected anymore. When I reconnect, I have to select Vanguard again. I tried using 'Vanguard' and also 'Vanguard - Personal Investor.' I insert my user name and password and it loads new Vanguard accounts for which I can only get a simple view. It does not load transactions, it does not show any transactions - only assets.
  • sfb71
    sfb71 Member ✭✭
    I still cannot get transactions from Vanguard. I tried the approach that worked for Mike but it did not work for me. I am on a MacBook Air M1, running macOS Monterey 12.2.1 and Quicken for Mac Deluxe 6.6.2. I have tried Direct Connect as well as Quicken Connect. I tried Vanguard.com and Vanguard - Personal Investor. I tried Link as well as Add. Not certain what to do next. Steve
This discussion has been closed.