Security Detail view has Blank Transaction history data for security held in a Separate account

Options
BK
BK Member ✭✭✭✭
I just noticed this odd behavior - most likely it is expected and look forward to your comments.
I am maintaining a few accounts in the "Separate" section including an investment account, which I know by default they will be excluded from the reports.  So, when I go to this [separate] investment account's register and select Holdings, it shows the list of securities.  So far so good.
When I click on a security, I expect to see the Transaction history data but the pane is blank - as in the attached screenshot.  Ditto with the Security Report for the corresponding security.
Again, I do understand that separate accounts are excluded from reports and net worth etc. by default, but I guess I was 'wishfully' expecting to see the transaction history data if I accessed it directly from within the account's register (without having to "Un-separate" it). Interesting that I just noticed this after all these years.  Perhaps this can be turned into a new idea if it makes sense?  Your comments are appreciated - Thank you.

- QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
- I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can confirm this. I never noticed it because I don't have any Separate investing accounts. Report it as a bug.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @BK

So, I can confirm that I am seeing the exact same "lack of data" as you are with respect to the "Transaction History" and the "Security Report" - both completely blank. 

I've not given the "why" of this lack of data a lot of thought yet, but agree that it seems odd.  However, given that we both have just "noticed this after all these years" is an indicator that perhaps there isn't a significant need for that data.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's a problem. I am not sure how long this has been going on. I looked at my Separate accounts both in R39.23 and 38.30 and in the Security Detail view they also show no transactions for securities that are held in Separate accounts. The Investment Transaction report is OK for these accounts however. I suggest you report this via Help > Report a Problem and also contact Quicken Support by phone or chat to report it.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • BK
    BK Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Frankx said:

... I've not given the "why" of this lack of data a lot of thought yet, but agree that it seems odd.  However, given that we both have just "noticed this after all these years" is an indicator that perhaps there isn't a significant need for that data.

Frankx
    @Frankx, the "why" is that the code behind it is the same logic code as Reports I would guess (which are excluded for Separate accounts as we know).  So Quicken could argue that this is by design - and is so accidentally in this case.  But this situation is the exception as we all agree and given that "there isn't a significant need for that data", I doubt they would do anything about it.  I will report it.  I just wanted to know whether my wishful expectation was logical and you all confirmed it.  Thank you all.
    - QWin Deluxe user since 2010, US subscription on Win11
    - I don't use Cloud Sync, Mobile & Web, Bill Pay/Mgr

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Also note that the Security detail view shows the value of these holdings correctly, so it would make sense to include the transactions as well.

In the reports, you can include Separate accounts if you want, by going to the Accounts customization and including the accounts that are (incorrectly) marked as "Hidden"

I edited the title to make it (hopefully) clearer.
    QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.