CC-901: Quicken keeps asking to reauthorize CapitalOne account

Reauthorize many times but did not help. Quicken said reauthorization was success. But when update again, it came up with the same Reauthorize error (CC-901). CapitalOne said this is a Quicken issue. Account has already been authorized from their end.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @onlyonekt,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known issue that our teams have opened an escalation ticket for with our service provider, though we do not have an ETA on when a solution will be available. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available information and updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• CindyMcG
    CindyMcG Member
    When will the Capital One cc-901 error connection be fixed?
  • TurboGreg
    TurboGreg Member ✭✭
    I have this issue too and can not download Capital One transactions at all now. Please fix!
  • Kcmorel
    Kcmorel Member
    Will there be a notification when this issue is fixed? I already reattempted account reauthorization six times last night and more times today (on the phone with Quicken customer support)--I'm afraid of potentially getting my Capital One account locked if I try again.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Kcmorel said:
    Will there be a notification when this issue is fixed? I already reattempted account reauthorization six times last night and more times today (on the phone with Quicken customer support)--I'm afraid of potentially getting my Capital One account locked if I try again.
    If you have bookmarked the Community Alert as instructed and have set your community profile to notify you when people comment on your bookmarked discussions, you should be notified.  Unfortunately, the moderator's current policy is to update the alert once a week whether there has been any progress or not.
  • onlyonekt
    onlyonekt Member
    There's no update from Quicken since the issue reported on March 2nd. Error continues to show up when update the transactions.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    onlyonekt said:
    There's no update from Quicken since the issue reported on March 2nd. Error continues to show up when update the transactions.
    The Community Alert was created October 18th 2021 and has been updated every week since then.  It was last updated on March 8th 2022, so I expect a moderator will update the alert again on March 15th 2022.  Today is March 14th.  
  • onlyonekt
    onlyonekt Member
    Checking the Community Alert, every week is the same status update (with no ETA since 10/21) and this issue is impacting lot of customers.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    onlyonekt said:
    Checking the Community Alert, every week is the same status update (with no ETA since 10/21) and this issue is impacting lot of customers.
    Correct.  Unfortunately, Intuit continues to have difficulty maintaining the Express Web Connect connection method for Quicken and Capital One has been problematic for many years.
  • Irv Spalten
    Irv Spalten Member ✭✭
    I get it, it might be a bigger problem that 'we' think. Still, is it too much to ask 'WHY?' this is happening, what the exact problem is and WHO is working on it?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    I get it, it might be a bigger problem that 'we' think. Still, is it too much to ask 'WHY?' this is happening, what the exact problem is and WHO is working on it?
    WHY is because Capital One requires Intuit to maintain an OAuth token to access your accounts.
    Who is working on it would be the Intuit Express Web Connect script writers.

The problem occurs because Capital One uses a unique interface.  It takes a longtime for Intuit to address Express Web Connect issues because they're attempting to support over 15,000 financial institutions with insufficient resources. 
  • pdallen1970
    pdallen1970 Member ✭✭✭
    I have been using Quicken for 20 years - I was a Microsoft Money convert.  Never had a problem until several years ago and now it seems every "one step update" has an issue.  The price goes up, the quality goes down, the support and answers are minimal.  
This discussion has been closed.