Is there some way to force the popup window in Bill and Income Reminders to scroll up and down?

wingnut
wingnut Member ✭✭
My laptop screen is 7 5/8 inches high. The popup window is larger than 7 5/8 inches high and both the top and bottom of the window are off screen. The window will not scroll and I can't get to the Enter box at the bottom or the X at the top to close the window. I have found that ESC will close the popup, but cannot use the popup to enter transactions from the list of reminders. Is it possible to scroll the popup window?

Best Answer

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    What screen resolution do you use?
    Do you also have "View menu / Use large fonts" enabled?
    Do you use settings in Control Panel to "make text appear larger on screen" and does this setting exceed 125% in size?

Answers

• wingnut
    wingnut Member ✭✭
    The same problem exists when using the reminders at the bottom of a register. This problem showed up only after I had "upgraded" to Windows 11. Microsoft, in its infinite wisdom, now restricts the taskbar to the bottom of the page. In Win 10, I had moved the taskbar to the right side of the screen to be able (just barely) to see the Enter box.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    What screen resolution do you use?
    Do you also have "View menu / Use large fonts" enabled?
    Do you use settings in Control Panel to "make text appear larger on screen" and does this setting exceed 125% in size?
  • wingnut
    wingnut Member ✭✭
    Yes, I had large fonts enabled in the View menu. With regular fonts, the whole popup window is exposed (but I'll need to use a magnifying glass to read some of the text). Thanks for solving this problem.
  • Larry94044
    Larry94044 Member
    I have the same problem. Returning to an unreadable font size is not a solution to the problem. Please suggest some programming changes to make the program readable and useable at the same time.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    The Bills an Income Reminders window can be resized.  And it remembers the height and position (but not the width) for later.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • wingnut
    wingnut Member ✭✭
    But when you select Enter for a given Reminder, a window pops up with the details of the transaction. This window is larger, vertically, than my screen and the action buttons are not visible and cannot be seen without resizing the font to an unusable size.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    wingnut said:
    But when you select Enter for a given Reminder, a window pops up with the details of the transaction. This window is larger, vertically, than my screen and the action buttons are not visible and cannot be seen without resizing the font to an unusable size.
    OK, that is a different story.  If that one won't fit, I would assume there are several others that won't fit either.  It is easier for the developer to create fixed sized dialogs in the Windows APIs and that is why you see a lot of them.  It certainly didn't help in this case that they put this at the top on it when they added Quicken Bill Manager:

But if you can't even see that dialog without it being chopped off you are really pushing as far as not giving Quicken much room to display stuff.  That dialog is 586 pixels high with no windows scaling (normal fonts/100%) and 673 pixels high with large fonts/100%.

Quicken's requirements are 1024x768 for no windows scaling, and 1280x1024 for Large Fonts (which is about 115% scaling).
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.