Bank messages from Wells Fargo Bank continually reappear after being deleted.

Options
Chuck_H
Chuck_H Member ✭✭
Every time I Update All Online Accounts, Quicken's Account Status window always shows a link in one of my Wells Fargo accounts saying "You have a message from Wells Fargo Bank". Over the years, there have been three occasions where Wells Fargo has needed to send me a message and those reasons have all been resolved. However, even after deleting all of the messages, the next time I Update All Online Accounts, the exact same three messages are re-added to the list and it continues to grow with many duplicate messages. This has been going on for several years.

Is there a way to permanently remove those messages? Is this a bug? If so, is it a Quicken issue or a Wells Fargo Bank issue?
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Chuck_H,

Thank you for contacting the Community, I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue.

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. Are you using Quicken Connect or Direct Connect with Wells Fargo? 

I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Chuck_H
    Chuck_H Member ✭✭
    Options
    Sorry, I meant to include that with my question. I am using Direct Connect with Wells Fargo. Thanks.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @Chuck_H,

Thank you for your response. 

First, I suggest disconnecting and reconnecting your accounts. We do recommend that you save a backup before completing any troubleshooting steps, just in case. 

I have included some instructions below involving disconnecting and reconnecting accounts, I have also included a link that discusses these steps as well. 

Deactivate an account

1. Click on the account name in the bar down the side of Quicken Mac
    2. Click the Settings gear icon in the bottom-right corner
    3. Click the Downloads tab
    4. Click the Disconnect account button
    5. Click Done

Important: If you are deactivating/reactivating an account to resolve an issue, you will need to deactivate all the accounts with that affected financial institution that you have activated in Quicken (including hidden ones). Once they are all deactivated, then you can follow the steps to reactivate.

To Reactivate Account(s)

1. Click the account name in the list displayed down the side of Quicken to open the register.
    2. Click the Settings gear in the lower right corner of the register view.
    3. Go to the Downloads tab.
    4. Click the Connect Account button.
    5. Type in the financial institution name and walk through the wizard.
    6. Choose LINK on the screen displayed after Quicken finds the available accounts at the financial institution for your login credentials, and carefully link to your existing Quicken account(s).
    7. Click Continue.
    https://www.quicken.com/support/mac/deactivate-and-reactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• Chuck_H
    Chuck_H Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have 7 Wells Fargo Bank accounts and no hidden Wells Fargo Bank accounts. I disconnected all 7 of them and then reconnected all of them. This does not appear to have solved the problem.

I found it interesting that all three of the Bank messages (that I have each deleted multiple times in the past) were re-added to the "Direct Connect Bank Mail" window. In fact, all three were re-added each time I reconnected another Wells Fargo Bank account. In the end, after following your process, there were 21 new Bank messages in that window.

Message your developers: Besides it being very annoying that these messages keep reappearing, the UI for the "Direct Connect Mail Window" only allows deleting one message at a time.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @Chuck_H,

Thank you for your thorough responses. 

Since these troubleshooting steps did not work and this has been an issue occurring over a few years. I recommend that you get into contact with Wells Fargo regarding these messages that you are receiving within your Quicken application. They may be able to provide further information, and I am certain that they are eager to receive feedback from customers. Keep in mind that it may be necessary to request to speak with a Tier 2 representative or an escalations agent, as they are likely to have a greater degree of familiarity with third-party software and its interactions with their online banking services.

Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

• Chuck_H
    Chuck_H Member ✭✭
    Options
    As suggested, I talked to Wells Fargo Bank Support for Online Banking. They reminded me that they discontinued the Bank Mail feature over a year ago and that my issue is definitely with Quicken and not the Bank. This does not seem to be a new issue with Quicken as discussed in this article:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7894051/wells-fargo-no-longer-supports-bank-mail/p3

Please escalate this issue to the appropriate Quicken Development department. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.