Since Quicken program update yesterday - shows red flag for downloaded trans.. but ??

LBE
LBE Member ✭✭
OK since the program update. When i download recent transactions the red flag appears under the accounts and the online amount reflects the transactions.. but no transactions are there for me to view/accept into the register so I can reconcile. .

What should I do to rectify? Only started happening after last program update.

Thank you

Answers

• LBE
    LBE Member ✭✭
    I should mention happening with both checking accounts and credit card accounts..
  • LBE
    LBE Member ✭✭
    To make it clearer.. the red flag appears after updating account.. but nothing is listed under downloaded transactions. Seems this is happening on ALL my quicken accounts since the Quicken program update I installed yesterday.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @LBE

It sounds like your settings were changed. Here's how to correct this:

1) In Quicken - click on "Edit" > "Preferences";
    2) From the left hand menu > select "Downloaded transactions";
    3) in the pop-up window - under "Afdter downloading transactions > make sure that these two options are not checked - see SNIP below 

4) Click "OK" to finish.

Let me know how this goes or if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• LBE
    LBE Member ✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Neither one of those options are checked. Screen shot below.. So its not that.. any other suggestions? Plus the amounts do not show in my register.. it just shows red flag and nothing under downloaded transactions..
  • LBE
    LBE Member ✭✭
    edited March 2022
    IF I click on the RED FLAG.. next to account number. It will state "you have X transactions to review" but when I click on that link even nothing shows up it just brings you to the register for that account but there are no transactions for me to review and the amounts are not automatically in my register. So odd.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Red flags are only displayed when automatic transaction entry mode is off.  Automatic transaction entry mode uses blue dots.

See if this article helps:
    Quicken Says There Are Transactions to Accept But I Do Not See Any
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • LBE
    LBE Member ✭✭
    edited March 2022
    I've been using quicken for shoot over 10 years and the red flag always appeared when I had transactions to view that I downloaded when I updated the account. Why would it change now just overnight? Thank you but I read that section before I posted my question. none of those applied to me. Will look again and see if I missed something.
  • LBE
    LBE Member ✭✭
    OK when I go to the last step from that link.. online services. I can see the transactions but when I click compare to register.. nothing happens it flips to the account in the register but those transactions do not appear anywhere.. not in register or anywhere I can see for me to compare to register.. sometimes I dislike so called upgrade to programs.. seems they mostly create more issues and take more of someone's time to figure out of their day on how to work around it. Am I missing something? I will look again and try all the steps mentioned all over again and again. ;-)
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    LBE said:
    I've been using quicken for shoot over 10 years and the red flag always appeared when I had transactions to view that I downloaded when I updated the account. Why would it change now just overnight? Thank you but I read that section before I posted my question. none of those applied to me. Will look again and see if I missed something.
    You did the procedure in the Online Center?

If you did, and it didn't resolve the problem then I suggest you switch to automatic transaction entry mode, then restart Quicken and check the register to see if the transactions are there.  And then if that fixes it you can switch back.
    Signature:
  • LBE
    LBE Member ✭✭
    I got one more thing to try since the program update. I will restore a backup copy and see if that fixes the issue. I have not tried that yet. ;)
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    LBE said:
    I got one more thing to try since the program update. I will restore a backup copy and see if that fixes the issue. I have not tried that yet. ;)
    Yep, that's good one too.
    Signature:
  • LBE
    LBE Member ✭✭
    No that did not work. restoring a backup copy. Still same thing when I updated accounts. Read Flag.. but does not show transacations.
  • LBE
    LBE Member ✭✭
    I noticed this under automatic transmission section. I checked Manual.. and now have closed down quicken .. will reopen quicken and see if that corrects the issue.
  • LBE
    LBE Member ✭✭
    > @LBE said:
    > I noticed this under automatic transmission section. I checked Manual.. and now have closed down quicken .. will reopen quicken and see if that corrects the issue.

Nope that didn't do it either. One thing I noticed when I opened up my backup file it automatically came up syncing to cloud.. and (I turned that off a while ago) so I thought odd. I checked to make sure that syncing was off and it says it is under preferences and mobile web. Syncing is off... so why would it show syncing to cloud? Well that's a different issue I just noticed. As far as the ability to review and accept downloaded transactions.. Still no go.. I cannot enter them anywhere in the register unless I key them in manually. The amounts.. which makes no sense.
  • LBE
    LBE Member ✭✭
    One thing I noticed when I opened up my backup file it automatically came up syncing to cloud.. and (I turned that off a while ago) so I thought odd. I checked to make sure that syncing was off and it says it is under preferences and mobile web. Syncing is off... so why would it show syncing to cloud?

I figured that one out.. seems there were 3 accounts that were still set up for syncing. Still have the not being able to see any downloaded transactions unless i go to online center.. and click on the account .. the transaction appears there but nothing happens when I select compare to register

I'll come back here later this evening and see if there are any other suggestions. I'm in the middle of working on something else currently.

Thanks so much so far for the suggestions I have received.
  • LBE
    LBE Member ✭✭
    edited March 2022
    > @Chris_QPW said:
    > You did the procedure in the Online Center?
    >
    > If you did, and i> @Chris_QPW said:
    >
    > If you did, and it didn't resolve the problem then I suggest you switch to automatic transaction entry mode, then restart Quicken and check the register to see if the transactions are there.  And then if that fixes it you can switch back.

Hi Chris,

Switching to Auto Entry did allow for the transactions to appear in my register. Thank you, I have not tried switching back to off yet but will do later on and see if they manually appear.

One thing is I have about 40 accounts set up in quicken so that means I have to turn on and then off automatic entries for EACH account? Is there a way to do all accounts at one time?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    LBE said:
    > @Chris_QPW said:
    >
    > If you did, and i> @Chris_QPW said:
    >
    > If you did, and it didn't resolve the problem then I suggest you switch to automatic transaction entry mode, then restart Quicken and check the register to see if the transactions are there.  And then if that fixes it you can switch back.

Hi Chris,

Switching to Auto Entry did allow for the transactions to appear in my register. Thank you, I have not tried switching back to off yet but will do later on and see if they manually appear.

One thing that sucks is I have about 40 accounts set up in quicken so that means I have to turn on and then off automatic entries for EACH account? Is there a way to do all accounts at one time?
    If one doesn't override the setting per account, then you can just use the global setting to switch back and forth.  Note that the text will indicate On or Off, not if you overridden the setting or not, that is shown/done with selection of one of the three options.

Most likely you didn't override it on each, and you can use the global preference.  But if you did, yes you will have to into each for the problem accounts.  Note the idea here isn't to change the way you want to do this, but force this one download into the register, and hopefully future ones will work correctly.
    Signature:
  • LBE
    LBE Member ✭✭
    Well that did not work as soon as I switched it back and took it off automatic download. It went back to just showing the red flag and not entering or even showing the transaction amount.

I just don't understand these - program updates. Next time I am not even going to update it anymore when there is a quicken update as its seems it runs into nothing but more issues.

I will try uninstalling quicken and reinstalling I guess and see if that does anything. More time out of my busy schedule to work on this I guess.

I do thank everyone for their suggestions.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Have you run Validate and Repair?
    File -> Validate and Repair -> Validate file -> OK

It is sort of a long shot, but it might help.
    Signature:
  • LBE
    LBE Member ✭✭
    I have not Chris will try that prior to me uninstalling Quicken and reinstalling. I'll keep ya posted. Thank you for your help and suggestions.
  • LBE
    LBE Member ✭✭
    Validate file did not work.. will try uninstalling quicken and reinstalling after I get done with work today if that don't work. Maybe the next program update in the next couple weeks will correct it and/or will contact quicken tech support and see if they can figure it out. It may be something simple just so odd though it stopped working after last update. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.