Transfer not appearing in budget

SomebodyInGNV
SomebodyInGNV Member ✭✭✭
I have a scheduled transfer reminder for moving cash from an IRA to checking, monthly. I added transfers to my budget and included the source IRA as "From: affected IRA" and include reminders in the budget. If I add the reminder so the withdrawal comes from IRA #2, the transfer appears in the budget as actual.

If I edit the transfer so the withdrawal comes from IRA #1, the withdrawal amount doesn't show up in the budget. Both IRAs are configued with '1099-R Total IRA taxable distribution" selected for Transfers Out and no tax line as Transfers In.

Why does one account show up in the budget and the other doesn't? Both source IRA accounts are in the budget, as is the destination checking account.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the budget view, did you add BOTH accounts under "Transfers IN", "From [IRA #1" and "From [IRA #2]"?
    Is [IRA #1] marked as a hidden account or marked separate?
    Under Budget Actions, Select Accounts did you also verify that both accounts are selected?
  • SomebodyInGNV
    SomebodyInGNV Member ✭✭✭
    > @UKR said:
    > In the budget view, did you add BOTH accounts under "Transfers IN", "From [IRA #1" and "From [IRA #2]"?
    > Is [IRA #1] marked as a hidden account or marked separate?
    > Under Budget Actions, Select Accounts did you also verify that both accounts are selected?

Yes
    No
    Yes
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for your response.
    Without being able to see what's going on here, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

• SomebodyInGNV
    SomebodyInGNV Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks. It's raining all day tomorrow so I won't mind spending time on the phone.
  • SomebodyInGNV
    SomebodyInGNV Member ✭✭✭
    Hmm... it's working. I don't know what I changed. But the category group appears twice in the budget. It's not counted twice in the columns but does appear twice in the rows.
This discussion has been closed.