Can I put my Quicken subscription on 2 different computers & use 2 different quicken files?

Both my mom & I have used Quicken for years & last year I started the subscription version. However, my mom is still on an old version. I want to update hers, so I was wondering if I could use my subscription on her computer, but she can still use her file.

If so, how would I do that?

Thanks!

Best Answer

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Your mom can use her file, but she would need to sign in using your Quicken ID/Password.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Your mom can use her file, but she would need to sign in using your Quicken ID/Password.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • SBRATTAIN
    SBRATTAIN Member
    None of my stuff would go to her computer, right, if I'm using my Quicken ID?
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Yes, you can do that but she will need to use you Quicken ID and PW when setting it up.  That will also give her the ability to access your online Quicken.com and Community.Quicken.com accounts so if you are OK with that then there is no problem doing that.
    First, you did not say which version of Quicken she is currently using.  Some older versions require special steps to be taken to convert the existing data files into the current format.  You might want to read the following Support Article to understand  what special steps she might need to take:  https://www.quicken.com/support/how-and-when-use-intermediate-version-convert-older-versions-quicken.
    There are two ways she can download and install Quicken on her computer:
    And to answer your last question:  No, none of your stuff would go to her computer.  I'm assuming you both have totally unique data files (i.e., never one being a copy of the other) so they will not share the same Cloud Account so your data and hers will be totally isolated from each other. 

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The one thing not mentioned so far, since she will be using your Quicken Id, she could log into the Quicken Web feature and see / change the part of your Quicken data that is synced to the Quicken Cloud Account for use with QMobile / Q-Web if you are using that feature of Quicken.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.