When I add stock splits to one account it adds them to other accounts that had splits

Paddy
Paddy Member ✭✭
edited April 2022 in Investing (Windows)
When I add stock splits to one account it adds them to other accounts that had splits for the same stocks from Schwab.

Anyone else having the issue?

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's working as designed.  If you have a stock in more than one Quicken Account and that stock splits, then it only makes sense that ALL holdings of that stock in any Account will be split too.
    Why would you want this action to work otherwise? 
  • Paddy
    Paddy Member ✭✭
    It adds the stock splits that I added to the first account to all the accounts that had splits with the same values I added to the first account. All at once. So for example if account 1 had 100 before and 200 after, it adds that value to all my accounts. Is that working as designed? I am not sure. It seems weird.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should not see shares "Added" in the Quicken sense. If you do, it's probably because Schwab is sending bogus Add Shares transactions which you should delete. The Stock Split transaction should appear in each account that holds the stock instead. Several brokerages have this problem. They see that your shares have doubled and send an Add Shares which is incorrect.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, that's a horse of a different color and if what you're reporting is correct then that's not the designed behavior. 
    What version of Quicken are you using?
    Are you using the Stock Split action correctly?  You enter the new shares and the old shares boxes to come to the correct ratio; so 3 in the new shares box and 1 in the old shares box is correct for a 3 for 1 split.  In this instance, if you had 100 shares before the split, you'd have 300 shares after the split.
This discussion has been closed.