How do I get split transactions to show up in "All Transactions" filter on mobile?

Dave Vanderpool
Dave Vanderpool Member ✭✭
edited April 2022 in Using the Mobile App
On my phone, when selecting "all transactions" and applying filters to isolate categories, the result is not showing any splits. In other words, if I am wanting to view everything in my auto insurance category, it is not showing a deposit from a split and, therefore, the balance amount is not accurate. How can I include split transactions in this case?

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    On my phone, when selecting "all transactions" and applying filters to isolate categories, the result is not showing any splits. In other words, if I am wanting to view everything in my auto insurance category, it is not showing a deposit from a split and, therefore, the balance amount is not accurate. How can I include split transactions in this case?
    Hello @Dave Vanderpool

I am sorry to hear about this issue with split deposits failing to appear in the mobile app. Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community and bringing this matter up for discussion. 

Are the deposits appearing normally in the associated registers on your desktop application? Also, have you tried reseting your cloud account data?

This would be performed in the desktop app, just so I am clear. First, save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File in the upper menu at the top of the screen and then navigate to the MOBILE & WEB tab. Next, go to the Preferences menu, denoted by the button with the icon featuring three small bars atop one another in the upper right-hand side of the screen. Click Reset your cloud data and then enter yes and Reset.

I hope to hear back from you once these steps have been attempted, should you have the opportunity to check back in with us and provide an update.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Dave Vanderpool
    Hello, Quicken Jared. Thank you for responding. I am still having issues. But first, to answer your questions...

Yes, all of my desktop registers are showing up properly. Additionally, after resetting my cloud data as you suggested, my splits still are not showing up on mobile as I am wanting.

To be more clear - on mobile when I tap on "All Transactions" I do see the split transactions. However, when I tap on the filters option, select my desired account (checking in this case) and then selecting my desired category (insurance, a sub category of auto in this case) and leave payees to include all and not select any "status transactions" options and then tap on "show results" - the result shows all withdrawal transactions, but only the deposits that are not splits. It's acting as if there should be a toggle option to either include or not include split transactions on the report.

To further explain this, let me share with you the scenario in which we create this situation in the first place. My wife and I have single personal accounts and then this one joint account. Each month, she and I transfer a certain amount from our individual personal accounts into this joint account for auto insurance. My transfer is just for auto insurance as I make individual transfers for each of the other needs (groceries, savings, etc.). My wife makes a larger transfer that includes all of these individual needs in one. Therefore, when I record her transfer, I use the split to show that some of the transfer is going to auto insurance, some to savings, some to groceries, etc.

I'm sure you already knew the above, but thought I would explain. I appreciate you taking the time to try to help me.

I would like to be able to see how much is in each category at any given time on my mobile. Kind of like the old school envelope system. But the amount that shows up currently is a negative number because it is not showing the deposits from my wife's splits. Therefore, I have no idea what is really in that category.

Thank you.

Dave
  • Quicken Jared
    Hello, Quicken Jared. Thank you for responding. I am still having issues. But first, to answer your questions...

Yes, all of my desktop registers are showing up properly. Additionally, after resetting my cloud data as you suggested, my splits still are not showing up on mobile as I am wanting.

To be more clear - on mobile when I tap on "All Transactions" I do see the split transactions. However, when I tap on the filters option, select my desired account (checking in this case) and then selecting my desired category (insurance, a sub category of auto in this case) and leave payees to include all and not select any "status transactions" options and then tap on "show results" - the result shows all withdrawal transactions, but only the deposits that are not splits. It's acting as if there should be a toggle option to either include or not include split transactions on the report.

To further explain this, let me share with you the scenario in which we create this situation in the first place. My wife and I have single personal accounts and then this one joint account. Each month, she and I transfer a certain amount from our individual personal accounts into this joint account for auto insurance. My transfer is just for auto insurance as I make individual transfers for each of the other needs (groceries, savings, etc.). My wife makes a larger transfer that includes all of these individual needs in one. Therefore, when I record her transfer, I use the split to show that some of the transfer is going to auto insurance, some to savings, some to groceries, etc.

I'm sure you already knew the above, but thought I would explain. I appreciate you taking the time to try to help me.

I would like to be able to see how much is in each category at any given time on my mobile. Kind of like the old school envelope system. But the amount that shows up currently is a negative number because it is not showing the deposits from my wife's splits. Therefore, I have no idea what is really in that category.

Thank you.

Dave
    @Dave Vanderpool,               

Understood. Thank you so much for providing additional details and answers to my questions. I am sorry that this issue is still unclear.

I have done some research and testing, and I am noticing that I can replicate this issue when one of the categories is lesser in amount and is a subcategory. Are you noticing this problem emerging when you select a subcategory with a lesser amount, as well?

I look forward to hearing about this from you.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Dave Vanderpool
    Hello again, Quicken Jared. Thank you for your response as well as your effort to help me with this issue. It seems that the ONLY way I can get the splits to show up in this scenario is when I select All Categories. Any time I select just the one or two categories (or sub categories in this case), no splits are shown in the result.
  • Quicken Jared
    Hello again, Quicken Jared. Thank you for your response as well as your effort to help me with this issue. It seems that the ONLY way I can get the splits to show up in this scenario is when I select All Categories. Any time I select just the one or two categories (or sub categories in this case), no splits are shown in the result.
    Hello @Dave Vanderpool

I see. Thanks for providing additional information and clarification for me. I am sorry that this problem is still ongoing, at the moment. 

Would you be willing and able to provide screenshots? I am convinced of the appropriateness submission of a bug report regarding this matter. You can read the discussion below for further information about how to submit screenshots:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

Bear in mind that you can also drag and drop images into your comment before it has been posted, if there are difficulties with the other methods.

I hope this is helpful.

Thank you, 

Quicken Jared
  • Dave Vanderpool
    Quicken Jared, I am going to attempt to submit screenshots as you have requested.

Photo 1: Showing I am selecting "all transactions".

Photo 2: Selecting all accounts and all categories.

Photo 3: Showing the split deposit from Kim including the groceries subcategory.

Photo 4: Now filtering one account (joint checking) and one category (groceries).

Photo 5: Showing that Kim's split deposit is not showing up where it should be between the two highlighted transactions.

Not sure if this is exactly what you are needing, but it's at least a start! Thank you.

Dave
    1.jpg 190.2K
    2.jpg 175.9K
    3.jpg 232.9K
    5.jpg 218.3K
    4.jpg 400.3K
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared, I am going to attempt to submit screenshots as you have requested.

Photo 1: Showing I am selecting "all transactions".

Photo 2: Selecting all accounts and all categories.

Photo 3: Showing the split deposit from Kim including the groceries subcategory.

Photo 4: Now filtering one account (joint checking) and one category (groceries).

Photo 5: Showing that Kim's split deposit is not showing up where it should be between the two highlighted transactions.

Not sure if this is exactly what you are needing, but it's at least a start! Thank you.

Dave
    @Dave Vanderpool,                    

Thank you so much for providing so many helpful screenshots and so much detail.

I went ahead and submitted a bug report for this to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution.

Unfortunately, we won't have an ETA on this, however, once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future update release.

Thank you for your patience and for bringing awareness to this issue!

Quicken Jared 
  • Dave Vanderpool
    Thanks so much! I'll keep a lookout for the update! - Dave
This discussion has been closed.