how do I print a register for specific dates (Q Mac)

DeeCurci
DeeCurci Member
I used to be able to print a register exactly how it looks from one date to another. I do not see how to do this now. Highlighting the dates in the register doesn't work. It prints the whole register

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited March 2022
    Hello @DeeCurci,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

You can print the register by a specific date range by first using the date filter dropdown menu located directly above the Date column of the register to select the desired date range. Once you've chosen your desired date range, navigate to File > Print... > OK. You can then review the preview that will show you what will be printed before clicking Print.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @DeeCurci There are actually two ways to do this. One is what Anja posted above: set a date filter on the register to the range of transactions you want, and then print that. Alternatively, you can select (highlight) the transactions you want to print, click Print , and in the pop-up dialog box, change from the default of "All Visible Transactions" to "Selected Transactions Only". 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Mr. Wilson
    Mr. Wilson Member
    edited March 2022
    I have followed the procedures laid out by DeeCurci and in the preview window all looks good but actual printing is totally messed up.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 2022
    @Mr. Wilson You'll have to provide more information if you would like help resolving it. What does "totally messed up" mean? What's messed up. (A screenshot is helpful, if you can block out any personal data.) There should be no difference from the print preview window to the actual printed page, since printing is handled completely by macOS.

Try this: from the Print preview window, pull down the PDF menu in the lower left and select Open in Preview. Does the report look correct in Preview? If so, you can print it. If not, what's wrong or changed from what you see in the small preview in the Quicken preview window?
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr. Wilson said:
    I have followed the procedures laid out by DeeCurci and in the preview window all looks good but actual printing is totally messed up.
    Please describe "totally messed up" in more detail and/or provide an image snapshot of the problem.

Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

This discussion has been closed.