How do I update the password for my cc account?

Gotom
Gotom Member ✭✭✭
How do I update the password for my cc account?

Thank you, Tom

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Thank you for posting the screenshot!

The name of each account in the left sidebar is up to the user. So if I connect my ABC Checking account, I can rename it XYZ Visa and it's just a cosmetic change — the account is still connected to ABC Checking account. So it looks like you renamed a Union Bank account to be "City AAdvantage Mastercard". (We can tell the name here didn't come from the financial institution because "Citi" is misspelled.)

Just to be clear: are the transactions showing up in this account's register from the Union checking account or the Citi Mastercard? 

Have you tried disconnecting this account? And then connecting it again to, or creating a new account for, your Citi Mastercard credit card? 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Open the account settings (menu Accounts > Settings). Click the Downloads tab, then the Update Login button.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Gotom
    Gotom Member ✭✭✭
    When the credit card is selected in the L panel my bank comes up for edit even though bank and credit card are issued by different companies. True, the credit card bill is paid by my bank but that's a separate transaction. Why would my bank show in edit account? Beneath the credit card co. name is name of my bank. I guess this fools Quicken somehow - and I'm fooled too. Thanks, RickO.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    It's not clear to me what you're describing. Could you please post a screenshot of Quicken's sidebar. No need to include the dollar amounts. Also screenshots of the account Settings pages (with private info redacted) would be helpful. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Gotom
    Gotom Member ✭✭✭
    have been trying but get error "Body is 4 char. too short." Can't understand it.
  • Gotom
    Gotom Member ✭✭✭
    No matter how I size the image it's Body Is 4 Char. Too Short.      Grrr
  • Gotom
    Gotom Member ✭✭✭
    Image insertion having failed pending new insight in the process I stumped for now. I still need to know - and you do too - why my bank would come up for credential editing when it's the credit card, from a different company, that I'm editing.

I cut the image into two parts in a failed attempt to post. Same error. Using Preview on 2012 Mac. 

"When the credit card is selected in the L panel my bank comes up for edit even though bank and credit card are issued by different companies. True, the credit card bill is paid by my bank but that's a separate transaction. Why would my bank show in edit account? Beneath the credit card co. name is name of my bank. I guess this fools Quicken somehow - and I'm fooled too. Thanks, RickO".
  • jacobs
    Gotom said:
    have been trying but get error "Body is 4 char. too short." Can't understand it.
    This forum software requires a post to have a minimum of 5 character of text. An image alone doesn't work. Type "Here's the screenshot" and then you'll be fine. ;)
  • Gotom
    Gotom Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Oh! said I . . . 

Thank you!
  • jacobs
    Answer ✓
    Thank you for posting the screenshot!

The name of each account in the left sidebar is up to the user. So if I connect my ABC Checking account, I can rename it XYZ Visa and it's just a cosmetic change — the account is still connected to ABC Checking account. So it looks like you renamed a Union Bank account to be "City AAdvantage Mastercard". (We can tell the name here didn't come from the financial institution because "Citi" is misspelled.)

Just to be clear: are the transactions showing up in this account's register from the Union checking account or the Citi Mastercard? 

Have you tried disconnecting this account? And then connecting it again to, or creating a new account for, your Citi Mastercard credit card? 
  • Gotom
    Gotom Member ✭✭✭
    "To be clear" the transactions are indeed cc ones. Settings:  I'd like to try but wow do I disconnect/reconnect? Thank you, Tom
  • Gotom
    Gotom Member ✭✭✭

I used the native commands to disconnect/reconnect - it did the trick - Financial Institution now displays bank's name  and new transactions all downloaded! 

Thank you RickO and jacobs!
  • Gotom
    Gotom Member ✭✭✭

native commands in Settings . . . 
This discussion has been closed.