TIAA Brokerage Issue.

IAHawk
IAHawk Member ✭✭✭✭
I just received this response form Quicken when I attempted to update my TIAA Brokerage accounts: "The financial institution  has chosen to no longer support online banking for Quicken for Mac."  I hope it's a temporary aberation like the Apple credit card episode.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @IAHawk,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community. I am sorry that you are experiencing this. 

Could you please provide me with the Ticket Number that was created when you spoke with the Quicken Representative who told you this information about TIAA?

This would be very helpful in aiding us towards a resolution. 
    Thank you. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• IAHawk
    IAHawk Member ✭✭✭✭
    My meaning was unclear.  I did not receive that response from any person at Quicken.  It was an automated response from Quicken for the Mac.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @IAHawk

Thank you for your response and I apologize for the misunderstanding. 

Which instance from the bank list are you choosing in regards to TIAA? Also, could you please upload a screenshot of the message you received?

Next, I suggest disconnecting and reconnecting the TIAA account(s). You can do this by:

First, save a backup!

Deactivate an account

1. Click on the account name in the bar down the side of Quicken Mac
    2. Click the Settings gear icon in the bottom-right corner
    3. Click the Downloads tab
    4. Click the Disconnect account button
    5. Click Done

Important: If you are deactivating/reactivating an account to resolve an issue, you will need to deactivate all the accounts with that affected financial institution that you have activated in Quicken (including hidden ones). Once they are all deactivated, then you can follow the steps to reactivate.

To Reactivate Account(s)

1. Click the account name in the list displayed down the side of Quicken to open the register.
    2. Click the Settings gear in the lower right corner of the register view.
    3. Go to the Downloads tab.
    4. Click the Connect Account button.
    5. Type in the financial institution name and walk through the wizard.
    6. Choose LINK on the screen displayed after Quicken finds the available accounts at the financial institution for your login credentials, and carefully link to your existing Quicken account(s).
    7. Click Continue.
    I have also included a link to a support article which discusses these steps as well as some other details. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/mac/deactivate-and-reactivate-online-banking-services-quicken-account

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• IAHawk
    IAHawk Member ✭✭✭✭
    Let me give you some context.  I've been accessing my TIAA accounts for several years with Quicken for the Mac.  Most of the time successfully, but with increasing frequency it fails to connect and tells me to try again later.  Today,  for the first time it gave me the message I cited in my post.  I have now retried again and it successfully connected. 

It was apparently a transitory problem, but I think the message about this financial institution ( i.e. TIAA) no longer supporting Quicken was a little 'over the top' and it reminded me of the recent issue with Apple Credit Cards (which also affected me) in which we were unable to import QFX files from Apple and the initial response was Apple no longer supports Quicken.  Also over the top as well as incorrect.

I guess my point is Quicken ought to be more prudent about an automated response which states that a  financial entity  "no longer supports Quicken".  In my opinion that kind of response should only come as an official communication from a person of authority at Quicken.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    edited March 2022
    Hello @IAHawk,

Thank you for your response. I apologize that you received this message in error, however, I am happy to hear that you were able to successfully connect to TIAA. Thank you for your feedback and I will be sure to pass it on to the proper channels. 

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns. 
    Thank you. 

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.