How can QIF file transactions be prevented from automatic addition?

leishirsute
leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
I'm using importQIF and do not see a way to prevent automatic addition of transactions in a register so that they can be reviewed first.  Is there any setting to allow QIF imports to be reviewed prior to being accepted?

Deluxe R53.32., Windows 10 Pro

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    I suggest you use ImportQIF to convert the QIF file to a QFX file and use a financial institution Id supporting the Web Connect connection method for the account type.
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    I located the FI's ID per the importQIF instructions and enabled QFX, but importQIF is still creating only a QIF file.  I can't figure out how to make it use QFX.  I don't see it in the documentation.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no way to get Quicken to show the QIF transactions in the Downloaded Transactions tab.
    If you are worried about duplicates, ImportQIF does a good job of preventing them if you turn on Unique Ids in setup for the account.  Since you control which transactions are downloaded from the FI, you probably shouldn't have any duplicates anyway, but it will prevent them.
    If you use ImportQIF to create a QFX file, yes, those transactions will be displayed in the Downloaded Transactions tab, but you have to "fake" which financial institution the account is associated so that Quicken thinks it is a participating Quicken financial institution.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    I located the FI's ID per the importQIF instructions and enabled QFX, but importQIF is still creating only a QIF file.  I can't figure out how to make it use QFX.  I don't see it in the documentation.
    The Enable QFX button is available on the Setup tab:  open http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/importqifaccountsetup.html  and search for Output a QFX file instead of a QIF file
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you.  I overlooked the "Use QFX" button.  It's a neat utility and the import works great. Thank you, @Chris_QPW .
    For anyone that will experience the planned temporary Quicken download outage at Vystar starting 3/27 (and hopefully only for 5 days max), it's QFX ID is 15538.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you.  I overlooked the "Use QFX" button.  It's a neat utility and the import works great. Thank you, @Chris_QPW .

I think I'm going to change that toggle button to a checkbox, you aren't the first one that didn't notice it.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Chris_QPW said:

I think I'm going to change that toggle button to a checkbox, you aren't the first one that didn't notice it.
    I thought it was a window title bar.  Mainly I was going too fast through the utility. Thanks. 

This discussion has been closed.