I am missing downloaded info from bank for a specific time span

Options
horseylady45
horseylady45 Member ✭✭
I am missing downloaded info from bank for a specific time span. When I institute a download from bank to import into Quicken it downloads as an export csv file and quicken will not import it. How do I get the specific date range to download to quicken?

Best Answer

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    First check if your bank supports Web Connect. To check this, start the new account creation process, select your bank in the list of Financial Institutions, click the Options button and see if Web Connect is not grayed out. So far so good. Next, you will need to see if you can download a QFX or OFX transaction file from your bank. Sometimes this is just called a "Quicken File". Some banks support this, some don't. If so, download the QFX file, double click it to import it to Quicken.

If all you can download is a CSV file, you may be out of luck. As you have discovered, Quicken does not import these. There are converters out there that may be able to convert your CSV file to QFX. However, they are not supported and may violate Quicken's terms of service. I cannot provide any more detail on those here.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @horseylady45,

Thank you for contacting the Community with this question. Quicken will only import CVS files that were exported from Mint. You can also try to download and import it as a QFX file if your bank allows it.

I hope this helps.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• RickO
    Answer ✓
    Options
    First check if your bank supports Web Connect. To check this, start the new account creation process, select your bank in the list of Financial Institutions, click the Options button and see if Web Connect is not grayed out. So far so good. Next, you will need to see if you can download a QFX or OFX transaction file from your bank. Sometimes this is just called a "Quicken File". Some banks support this, some don't. If so, download the QFX file, double click it to import it to Quicken.

If all you can download is a CSV file, you may be out of luck. As you have discovered, Quicken does not import these. There are converters out there that may be able to convert your CSV file to QFX. However, they are not supported and may violate Quicken's terms of service. I cannot provide any more detail on those here.
  • horseylady45
    horseylady45 Member ✭✭
    Options
    The bank does not give me that option........guess I will have to manually fill in three months of missed downloads.......this does not make me happy at all......I would think Quicken would give the option of picking specific dates for downloading. Thanks for your imput.
  • horseylady45
    horseylady45 Member ✭✭
    Options
    input.....not imput.....sorry
  • RickO
    Options
    In the account settings Downloads section, there's an option to "Download transitions starting (date)". You can try this, but it probably won't work. It's not Quicken's fault really. Most banks just don't provide downloads more than 90 days worth.
  • horseylady45
    horseylady45 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks!!! Guess I'm SOL.......will get to work...... :(
This discussion has been closed.