Anyone experiencing issues with banking accounts not updating?

I am running version R38.30, build 27.1.38.30 and the Banking accounts (Comerica Bank) are not updating. I noticed this yesterday. I did the update after I noticed the banking accounts not updating. They don't generate an error message. The last update date on the accounts is in the past. Investment accounts {Td Ameritrade) are updating, but not banking.

** Also I tried re-setting my connection to the bank (the bank website is up-to-date), still not updating.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    I am running version R38.30, build 27.1.38.30 and the Banking accounts (Comerica Bank) are not updating. I noticed this yesterday. I did the update after I noticed the banking accounts not updating. They don't generate an error message. The last update date on the accounts is in the past. Investment accounts {Td Ameritrade) are updating, but not banking.

** Also I tried re-setting my connection to the bank (the bank website is up-to-date), still not updating.
    Hello @crayolagray,   

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with updates. Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Quicken Community for discussion of this matter.

My first question for you would pertain to other software currently in use on your computer. Are any firewalls, pop-up blockers, antivirus software, or Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) currently active? If so, these may need to be disabled or removed as these can cause connection issues that prevent data from properly downloading into Quicken.

I look forward to any reply you may be able to provide, and hope to continue working with you on this problem here in this thread.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 

• Phil Burton
    Phil Burton Member, Windows Beta Beta
    For the past few months, I have had endless delays and many failures trying to do one-step update with Citibank, for checking/savings accounts and a credit car.  I start the one-step update process, ask for a text message, and then wait for several minutes.  Then I finally get a prompt to enter an 8-digit code, which I do.  Then I wait 5-6-7 minutes and I get prompted all over again to enter the 8-digit code, which I do.  Then another 5-10 minutes go by and again I'm prompted to select the method for getting the 8-digit code.  Which I do.  Then I wait a whole lot more, and the process repeats itself.  Sometimes I do get a download of transactions, other times I don't.

Did I mention that the download of checking account transactions is incomplete?

Exactly why am I paying for this subscription, so I can get the "convenience" of one-step update?

I can't be the only Quicken user with this problem.  Is there some sort of magic incantation that will fix this problem?  How about, "Either you guys this this problem or I'm cancelling my subscription?"
    Been using Quicken (and TurboTax) since DOS days in 1990s.
  • sab103
    sab103 Member
    My accounts are no longer updating after the last Quicken update. I am on version R39.23. When I download updates from my bank, I no longer get the window asking to let Quicken handle the updates. I have to download the file and then import it to Quicken. Also, one step update no longer works. It goes through the process and says update complete, but doesn't update anything. Nothing else has changed on my system other than the Quicken update. Apparently, there is something wrong with this update. I have also been using Quicken and TurboTax for years, but may have to reconsider.
  • Ivan S
    Ivan S Member
    Jared, Can you explain why I would want to turn OFF my VPN and antivirus software? That protect me and my finances. Quicken has always worked with these items on. Now on-step-update will not update. All I get is program(quicken) unresponsive, closing. My credit card updates great, but no banking account will update. Too me it appears your company (quicken) has some kind of a bug in the software. This started for me on the last update of the software. I have turned off my VPN and I still get the same message quicken not responding.
  • Eitleoir
    Eitleoir Member ✭✭
    edited April 2022
    [Removed - Off Topic/Rant] I recently went to download my transactions from my credit union, credit cards and brokerage firms and the one-step update has been ineffective in retrieving my transactions. I've already had assistance in reconnecting some of my institutions, but it required that I deactivate the online services and then reactivating them again. This is so tiresome because I've been able to get my transactions for years without any real issues during all that time. I just tried deactivating and reactivating my credit union without success. No matter which way I put my password in when Quicken requests it, I'm still getting another notice informing me that my credit union is missing the password. The institution that the tech support assistant from Quicken aided me in reconnecting was for a major credit card company, American Express. Evidently I had some older AMEX card accounts in my Quicken accounts list which were never used, but associated with AMEX. I've never had a problem because of them in the past, but I was encouraged to delete them. Once I deleted them because I had no transactions entered into Quicken for them, I was able to re-establish my downloads for AMEX. I do have a savings and checking account with my credit union, but I just cannot get my downloads right now. The same with Charles Schwab, etc. etc. Quicken needs to address the fact that long established institutions that have had relatively seemless download capabilities are not connecting and downloading transactions, which is now creating far more work for the user than is necessary. [Removed - Off Topic/Rant]
  • mkalman115
    mkalman115 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2022
    I have had exactly the same issue for months. I had almost completely given up on GQuicken, after 30 years, starting with the DOS version. [Removed - Solicitation]  I don't understand why this had suddenly become an apparetly common problem which has not been adequately addressed over the course of many months, despite multiple user complaints. Disabling antiviral software is not a realistic solution. If this continues, this will be a deal breaker.
  • lkleumas
    lkleumas Member
    what is the answer to the above two questions?
This discussion has been closed.