What happened to the "Memorized Transaction list" ???

rkkeller
rkkeller Member, Windows Beta Beta
I used to use the "Memorized Transaction List" a lot to automate all my accounts so they would automatically be entered every month for me. Now some update seemed to remove the list I need from the menu and besides the very limited calendar, how can I see a FULL LIST of every memorized transactions for ALL my accounts on ONE screen like before and be able to EDIT them?

When I use the calendar view, it does not show all of them, many are missing like deposits to a 2nd bank account and things like that.

It is about the only report/list I ever used and now I can't find it or even figure out how to simply do what I been doing for 10+ years with Quicken Win/Mac.

Best Answer

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Your profile says you are using Quicken Mac Subscription. So I'm going to assume you are using the current version of QMac. From your description, I'm not sure if you are referring to one of two things. But they are both readily available. 

1. QuickFill Rules: These are transactions that are memorized so that all the transaction details can be entered when a transaction is created. To see this list, click menu Window > Payees & Rules, then click the QuickFill Rules tab. Double click on one to edit it.
    2. Scheduled Transactions: These are transactions that get automatically entered in the register on a schedule you define (monthly, yearly, weekly, etc.). They are also called reminders. These can be viewed in two places: (A) In any register or group register, click the little clock icon just below the search box, top right. You will be able to show the next reminder, or reminders over various time periods. (B) To view all scheduled transactions in one place, click the Bills & Income tab, then click the Projected Balances heading on that screen. You can use the Next Instance filter at the top to control how far out they are displayed. While on this screen, if you create a new transaction, it will be created as an ongoing scheduled transaction.
    I think #2 is probably what you're referring to, but I've included #1 for completeness. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Your profile says you are using Quicken Mac Subscription. So I'm going to assume you are using the current version of QMac. From your description, I'm not sure if you are referring to one of two things. But they are both readily available. 

1. QuickFill Rules: These are transactions that are memorized so that all the transaction details can be entered when a transaction is created. To see this list, click menu Window > Payees & Rules, then click the QuickFill Rules tab. Double click on one to edit it.
    2. Scheduled Transactions: These are transactions that get automatically entered in the register on a schedule you define (monthly, yearly, weekly, etc.). They are also called reminders. These can be viewed in two places: (A) In any register or group register, click the little clock icon just below the search box, top right. You will be able to show the next reminder, or reminders over various time periods. (B) To view all scheduled transactions in one place, click the Bills & Income tab, then click the Projected Balances heading on that screen. You can use the Next Instance filter at the top to control how far out they are displayed. While on this screen, if you create a new transaction, it will be created as an ongoing scheduled transaction.
    I think #2 is probably what you're referring to, but I've included #1 for completeness. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • rkkeller
    rkkeller Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Thanks that helps a lot. Maybe I was thinking of the Windows version as I know there was a small list that came up from the menu. I still use Windows too, so maybe I got confused, I will have to look later.
This discussion has been closed.