Quicken downloading "phantom" transactions

radler99
radler99 Member
Hi, this has happened several times already.
On two of my credit cards, Quicken downloads "phantom" transactions that ARE NOT on the bank´s online statement. I called the credit card company and they had no idea where Quicken was getting the transactions from.
I have several of these "phantom" transactions.
Anyone know what´s going on?
Thanks in advance.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited March 2022
    Hello @radler99,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue. 

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. What version of Quicken are you running? You can see this by going to Quicken>About Quicken. What Financial Institution are these transactions occurring with? What is the connection method that you have set up with said Financial Institution? How long ago did this issue start to occur? What kind of 'phantom' transactions are coming in and what are the details of the transactions?

I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• radler99
    radler99 Member
    - HSBC and American Express (both USA).
    - Connection Type: AMEX: Direct Connect / HSBC: Quicken Connect.
    - It´s been happening for at least 6 months.
    - Kind of xsactions: not sure how to describe them, but one of them is repetitive and occurs on avg twice x month, in amounts ranging from $60 to $120.
This discussion has been closed.