USAA credit card is not 'visible' to Quicken

Options
pao2
pao2 Member ✭✭
I have had an ongoing problem linking a USAA credit card to Quicken since around August last year. If anyone has a solution it would be appreciated. I'm a long time quicken user so have done all the add/delete/refresh stuff multiple times. When I try to add an account at usaa in order to activate the cc in quicken, I see my other usaa accounts but the ccard account is not there. I've worked with the usaa quicken support group and no luck. Have gotten a new cc number and then retried adding but quicken still does not 'see' the cc at usaa, or usaa does not tell quicken about my c card. Not sure where to go from here. Maybe totally cancel my c card with usaa, then apply for a new one? USAA c card group says that I would then have to start all over like i've never had one before. Limits, benefits, etc all go away. Isn't this all fun?????

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When you do the Add Account setup process, after selecting USAA Federal Savings Bank are you clicking on Next or on Advanced Options
    If you click on Next you will be set up with the default Express Web Connect (EWC) connection method and that has a history of being unreliable and problematic. 
    If this is the case, you might want to try clicking Advanced Options, instead.  Then tick Direct Connect > enter your Access ID and Pin > follow the prompts.
    Did this allow you to get your credit card set up for download in Quicken?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• pao2
    pao2 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks much for the suggestion. Just tried it and unfortunately still did not’see’ the ccard at USAA.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @pao2,

Thank you for contacting the Community, I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue.

Could you please create a test file and add the USAA account(s) to see if the credit card appears there? You can do this by going to File>New>Start from Scratch

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• pao2
    pao2 Member ✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Thank you for responding Jasmine. I created the new file but got a 502 error code when trying to add an account and none of my usaa were displayed . Tried several times with no luck. In my actual file, the accounts updated normally, except the credit card.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Hello @pao2,

Thank you for your response and for creating the test file. 

We did have an active alert regarding USAA and the 502 error which you can view through this link. However, this error was resolved yesterday so I recommend trying the test file again to see if the same error occurs or to see if you still do not see your USAA credit card. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.