Why can't this error can't be fixed

Options
JR48152
JR48152 Member ✭✭
Oops something went wrong. [Removed - Disruptive]  If I use VPN or not, how hard can it be to fix this error? A simple login problem and it can't be fixed?? I should have to wait for hours or days for it somehow to resolve itself?

Comments

• JR48152
    JR48152 Member ✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Options
    [Removed - Violation of Community Guidelines]
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @JR48152,

It would be helpful if you provide information as to what "error message" you are seeing as well as additional details on your problems.  BTW - we are not Quicken Support - rather we are fellow Quicken users that try to assist other users with problems/issues.  If you want to vent to Quicken, I suggest that you contact Quicken Support via this LINK.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hate to say it, but it may never be fixed.

You didn't indicate where this error is coming up, so it is impossible to say which "player" is causing the error.  But in a way it doesn't matter.

The cause is pretty much the same when it comes to a VPN, the server is rejecting the request because of the IP address.

Personally, given the ease that "bad actors" can fake an IP address I think it isn't a good "security measure" to block things by IP address.  But importunely my opinion doesn't matter.  This has been going on for some time now, where the "security experts" have decided that they should block IP addresses that appear to come from locations that "they don't support".  Like a foreign country.

Given that you are basically asking the party involved to "ignore their security procedures", which is never going to happen.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I edited your OP to remove the unnecessary profanity ... and to give you another chance to reply to the above requests for more info.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Options
This discussion has been closed.