Penfed credit card transaction download not working

When I connect my Penfed credit card to Quicken, it establishes the opening balance but will not update any transactions that post. I see there was a discussion from December 2021 about Quicken not connecting to Penfed, but that doesn't seem to be the issue. It accepts my login, but will not download any transactions. Anybody have a similar experience/solution?

Thanks.

Best Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited April 2022 Answer ✓
    Hello @Stephen Quickly and @CapeCodger,

Thank you for contacting the Community, please disregard my earlier post. 

We do currently have an Active Alert regarding Pentagon Federal Credit Union. You may follow this link and bookmark the alert in order to stay up to date on any information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur. 

Thank you for your continued support and patience. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @qkn1,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to the Community, though I apologize that you are still experiencing issues with PFCU.

Our systems indicate that this has been resolved for the vast majority of users connecting with PFCU and that a fix has been implemented. However, if you are still experiencing an issue after it was marked resolved, then you will need to contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance.

Our support agents will need to collect and review your log files and may be required to file an escalation if they see fit.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @Stephen Quickly,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue.

Could you please create a test file and connect your Penfed account(s) to see if you are able to download transactions? You can do this by going to File>New>Start from Scratch. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• CapeCodger
    CapeCodger Member
    I had a similar issue not being able to update a credit card account with another bank. However I believe that I rectified it this morning by doing something that I had not done in the past. In the interest of security whenever I signed into the Bank when it would give the option of saving the sign-in credentials to the keychain, I would respond NO, since I really didn't know what the keychain did. This morning I selected YES and saved it to the keychain; then I went to Quicken and attempted an account update and it updated OK. With fingers crossed, I think my problem is fixed.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @Stephen Quickly and @CapeCodger,

Thank you for contacting the Community, please disregard my earlier post. 

We do currently have an Active Alert regarding Pentagon Federal Credit Union. You may follow this link and bookmark the alert in order to stay up to date on any information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur. 

Thank you for your continued support and patience. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• qkn1
    qkn1 Member ✭✭
    The QFX download is gone for Credit Cards so no work around!

PenFed redesigned the Credit Card web page (using FiServ OnDot?). I'm guessing that broke Quicken integration and it explains why Checking/Savings are still working.

Here's hoping that Quicken figures something out soon!
  • I was wondering if the new interface had anything to do with it. I'm not a fan at all, much preferred the old way of viewing the transaction history on the penfed site. Oh well...
  • qkn1
    qkn1 Member ✭✭
    Got a note that the issue was resolved but I still haven't been able to download any credit card transactions.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @qkn1,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to the Community, though I apologize that you are still experiencing issues with PFCU.

Our systems indicate that this has been resolved for the vast majority of users connecting with PFCU and that a fix has been implemented. However, if you are still experiencing an issue after it was marked resolved, then you will need to contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance.

Our support agents will need to collect and review your log files and may be required to file an escalation if they see fit.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

• I am still experiencing the same issue as well.
This discussion has been closed.