becoming unstable- Bouncing back and forth between holdings and register

dbranc
dbranc Member ✭✭
Program becomes unstable. It bounces between the register and the holdings page randomly. Unable to make entries. Validate and repair done twice.

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    dbranc said:
    Program becomes unstable. It bounces between the register and the holdings page randomly. Unable to make entries. Validate and repair done twice.
    Hello @dbranc,  

I am sorry to hear about this issue with register and holdings screens switching back and forth. Thank you for bringing this problem to the attention of the Quicken Community. 

I must confess, I am curious to know what exactly is being witnessed as the two screens bounce back and forth, seemingly at random. Is it as though your mouse is clicking on one of the menu options without your having operated the mouse? Are you noticing strange behavior with other programs behaving in this fashion (i.e. menu options and screens appearing randomly)?

I am looking forward to receiving updates from you regarding this issue, and hope to hear your answers.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • dbranc
    dbranc Member ✭✭
    I am not controlling the mouse. I just sit back and watch the show. It has stabilized since I excluded the program from the Iolo malware program. I don't know if this is the cause,
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    dbranc said:
    I am not controlling the mouse. I just sit back and watch the show. It has stabilized since I excluded the program from the Iolo malware program. I don't know if this is the cause,
    I would consider this a possible cause. Keep the Quicken data files away from any program that could interfere with Quicken, e.g., AV scanners or Dropbox or any other cloud backup program.
    On my system I have seen "wild flickering" between Quicken views or between Quicken and other apps when my system runs short on RAM and has to perform a lot of disk I/O to make RAM available for Quicken to use.
    The same "flickering" between the regular Quicken view and a zoomed out, out of focus Quicken view can also be observed when Windows thinks "Quicken is not responding" fast enough for Windows' tastes, only for Quicken to come back a second later and respond: responding ... flicker not responding ... flicker responding ... etc. until system activity calms down a little.

This discussion has been closed.