Mutual Fund Conversion transaction is not available

Options
System
System Member admin
edited April 2022 in Investing (Windows)

Comments

• Mike.R.Court
    Options
    As of Version R39.23, the Mutual Fund Conversion transaction is not available. I do not have Use Average Cost checked. Please provide the steps to convert a Fund's class as a non taxable conversion and maintaining the cost basis.

I am very experienced computer program and Quicken user, but this is exactly the type of function that I expected as regular and that Quicken would handle.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I suspect you may not have set the original account register to support multiple securities: open the register, press Ctrl + Shift + E, choose No for Single mutual fund account, and select OK
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Extending @Sherlock's comment, a Single Mutual Fund type of account can't hold just one fund at a time ... it can ONLY hold the ORIGINAL FUND EVER.  This is the primary why, unless your fund company requires it, that SMF type accounts are a bad idea.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Mike.R.Court said: As of Version R39.23, the Mutual Fund Conversion transaction is not available.
    I just went thru this with my - TRowe mutual funds - which are setup as Single Fund per Account -
    What is your brokerage....

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.