Invalid answerValue 254 for parameter recurrence.byMonthDay. Value must be -31 and 31. Error Message

swhitten1
swhitten1 Member ✭✭
This issue started on 3/18/22. I have erased cloud and restored many times. I have logged out and signed back in many times. The issue is not going away. It is not showing transactions in the app and not connecting properly.

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    swhitten1 said:
    This issue started on 3/18/22. I have erased cloud and restored many times. I have logged out and signed back in many times. The issue is not going away. It is not showing transactions in the app and not connecting properly.
    Hello @swhitten1

I am sorry to hear that this issue with the 'Invalid answer' error message is affecting you. Thank you for getting in contact with the Quicken Community about this trouble.

You mentioned that you had reset the cloud and logged out then logged back in. Please take a moment to verify that the Dataset name and the File name match each other identically - with the exception of the 'QDF' file extension - by navigating to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts. You can view the image below as an example:

I hope to hear more from you about this, and I intend to follow up with you some more, if necessary.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • swhitten1
    swhitten1 Member ✭✭
    Yes our dataset name and file name are identical and issue still persists
  • Quicken Jared
    edited March 2022
    swhitten1 said:
    Yes our dataset name and file name are identical and issue still persists
    @swhitten1

Understood. I am sorry to hear that the resolution, in this situation, remains unclear. Thank you for bringing me that additional information about the dataset and file names.

I do have one additional question. When you reset your cloud data in Quicken for Windows, there are a couple of methods for doing so. I want to be sure that the steps below have already been attempted, in order. Be sure to save a backup before doing anything else by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen.

After this is done, create a new data file by going to File > New Quicken File. Click New Quicken File, then click Ok, then click Save. We will proceed with the troubleshooting in the new data file.

After that has been done, take a look at the following instructions:
    1. Go to Edit
    2. Preferences
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts
    4. Click Cloud accounts associated with this Quicken ID (#) (this is not a button, it is written in blue underneath the "Edit dataset name" button)
    5. Select the Cloud Account Name used for your main data file and click Delete
    6. Type Yes and click Delete

After that, swap back to your primary data file (click here to view instructions; you can scroll down and review the section entitled: "How to alternate between multiple files"). 

Once your main file opens, resync your data by navigating to the Mobile & Web tab and clicking on the blue Get Started button, and then the blue Sync Now button and see whether or not the errors you were receiving persist. You can then also delete the new file you previously created as well as its cloud account.

Let me know whether or not this has been attempted, if you have the chance to follow up with me, once more.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • swhitten1
    swhitten1 Member ✭✭
    Also after resetting the cloud the app isn’t working correctly either only the accounts and bills due show. No transactions
  • Quicken Jared
    swhitten1 said:
    Also after resetting the cloud the app isn’t working correctly either only the accounts and bills due show. No transactions
    @swhitten1

I see. I am sorry that the issue is still ongoing, for the time being. Thank you for maintaining communications and providing further information.

At this juncture, it would be most beneficial for you to contact Quicken phone or chat support. I am providing a link below that will include the necessary details for reaching out and obtaining further assistance:

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

I hope that is helpful.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • swhitten1
    swhitten1 Member ✭✭
    Can you explain what the error means? Invalid answerValue 254 for parameter recurrence.byMonthDay. Value must be -31 and 31. Error Message
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    The language seems to indicate an issue with a scheduled reminder or a recurring bill if you are using that feature. You might try validating or super-validating your file. Or if you think it might be a recurring online bill, there is a validation option in that screen somewhere (I don't use it but tested it and have seen it).
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @swhitten1

Have you recently added a new account (or new accounts) to your Quicken datfile? 

If so, I suggest that you backup your data file first (just in case) and then - starting with the last account you added - delete that account from your Quicken file and then close out of Quicken and restart.  If you still get the above error code - go to the 2nd most recent account you added and delete that account from your Quicken file and then close out of Quicken and restart.  Continue until you no longer get the error.  Once you no longer see the error add back the accounts you deleted one by one.

Let us know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• swhitten1
    swhitten1 Member ✭✭
    edited March 2022
    I deleted some things I thought may have been new added accounts. Did not work still an issue. [Removed - Speculation]
  • swhitten1
    swhitten1 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2022
    [Removed - Off Topic]
  • markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    edited April 2022
    [Removed - Off Topic/Sarcasm]
  • swhitten1
    swhitten1 Member ✭✭
    Hello. The issue is still here. I have done everything recommended. Please advise.

Invalid answerValue 254 for parameter recurrence.byMonthDay. Value must be -31 and 31. Error Message
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @swhitten1,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are still experiencing this.

If the instructions previously provided in this thread fail the resolve the issue for you, then at this point, you will need to contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance and possible escalation if they see fit.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.