CC-502 Wings Financial Credit Union

Quicken has not connected with Wings FCU for over a month now. The errors vary from a 501 to a 502. I am able to direct download from the Credit Union website but I am not able to set up a direct connect which has been working fine for over 10 years.
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Jade
    Quicken Jade Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @hankstera, I  am sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue and I do apologize for the inconvenience. Could you please go to Help > Report a Problem so I can take a look at your logs and further research this issue? Thank you!
    - Quicken Jade
  • hankstera
    hankstera Member ✭✭
    edited January 2022
    I will again but have done this many times before.
  • hankstera
    hankstera Member ✭✭
    It has been sent
  • Keanen
    Keanen Member
    Any fix? I'm having the same issues
  • hankstera
    hankstera Member ✭✭
    None....
  • hankstera
    hankstera Member ✭✭
    hello quicken.....I have not heard anything from anyone....no email, etc.
  • hankstera
    hankstera Member ✭✭
    > @"Quicken Jade" said:
    > Hello @hankstera, I  am sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue and I do apologize for the inconvenience. Could you please go to Help > Report a Problem so I can take a look at your logs and further research this issue? Thank you!
    > - Quicken Jade

I have sent the logs. I have not heard a thing. no emails, nothing! this has been going on now for over 2 months.
  • hankstera
    hankstera Member ✭✭
    edited February 2022
    [Removed-Disruptive].

• Quicken Paloma
    Quicken Paloma Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @hankstera

Thank you for your response and we apologize for the delay in ours. To clarify, when a bug report is submitted it is mainly used for diagnostic purposes and no reply should be expected. 

Could you please attempt a test file? Before starting the process please ensure that you have made a back up of your current file. 

To create the test file please select File >New Quicken File >OK. In the pop up window type in “test” for the file name and save it to your local hard drive. Once the test file has been created please add your Wings Financial Credit Union account(s) only. No other accounts are needed. 

When you have a moment please attempt the test file and let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Paloma
  • hankstera
    hankstera Member ✭✭
    Test files do not work. I have tried many times. Still get CC-502 on all.> @Quicken Paloma said:
    > Hello @hankstera
    >
    > Thank you for your response and we apologize for the delay in ours. To clarify, when a bug report is submitted it is mainly used for diagnostic purposes and no reply should be expected. 
    > Could you please attempt a test file? Before starting the process please ensure that you have made a back up of your current file. 
    > To create the test file please select File >New Quicken File >OK. In the pop up window type in “test” for the file name and save it to your local hard drive. Once the test file has been created please add your Wings Financial Credit Union account(s) only. No other accounts are needed. 
    > When you have a moment please attempt the test file and let us know how it goes!
    >
    > -Quicken Paloma

Test files do not work. I have tried many times. Still get CC-502 on all.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @hankstera,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have opened an escalation ticket with our service provider for this issue. While the investigation remains ongoing, please, refer to this open Community Alert for updates.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• saabdude
    saabdude Member ✭✭
    I have experienced this issue for at least 6 months, and have had two tickets opened. One I believe has been closed, but as far as I know the second one remains open. Not sure if this is helpful.
  • hankstera
    hankstera Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken Anja said:
    > Hello @hankstera,
    >
    > Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.
    >
    > We have opened an escalation ticket with our service provider for this issue. While the investigation remains ongoing, please, refer to this open Community Alert for updates.
    >
    > I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause in the meantime! Thank you.

Thank You, Wings FCU has also escalated the problem
  • hankstera
    hankstera Member ✭✭
    > @hankstera said:
    > > @Quicken Anja said:
    > > Hello @hankstera,
    > >
    > > Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.
    > >
    > > We have opened an escalation ticket with our service provider for this issue. While the investigation remains ongoing, please, refer to this open Community Alert for updates.
    > >
    > > I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause in the meantime! Thank you.
    >
    > Thank You, Wings FCU has also escalated the problem

I see that you said the problem is fixed....Not with wings FCU
  • Quicken Anja
    @hankstera Thank you for response.

To clarify; the issue has not been fully resolved. Today's update is referring to our teams resolving internal scripts related to causing these issues. Some users are also able to resolve their issue by clearing cache and refreshing again. However, overall, the Alert is still considered ongoing.

I hope this clarifies things! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• hankstera
    hankstera Member ✭✭
    Thank you yes....still CC502 for me.
  • hankstera
    hankstera Member ✭✭
    Wings FCU CC502 issue is still not resolved. I tried a new test account also and it did not work. This is ridiculous. Everything worked fine for years.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @hankstera

Thank you for your response, although we are sorry that the issue is still persisting. Please allow 24-48 hours before attempting to add/update your account(s). After the allotted time if the issue is still present please let us know so that we may take a further look. 

Thank you!

-Quicken Paloma
  • hankstera
    hankstera Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken Paloma said:
    > Hello @hankstera
    >
    > Thank you for your response, although we are sorry that the issue is still persisting. Please allow 24-48 hours before attempting to add/update your account(s). After the allotted time if the issue is still present please let us know so that we may take a further look. 
    >
    > Thank you!
    >
    > -Quicken Paloma

Hi, I have waited. There is still No connection with wings FCU, still CC-502
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @hankstera

Thank you for your response, although we are sorry to hear that your issue is still persisting. I have sent you a message with further information and instructions. 

When you have a moment please check your inbox. Thank you!

-Quicken Paloma
  • hankstera
    hankstera Member ✭✭
    > @hankstera said:
    > > @Quicken Paloma said:
    > > Hello @hankstera
    > >
    > > Thank you for your response, although we are sorry that the issue is still persisting. Please allow 24-48 hours before attempting to add/update your account(s). After the allotted time if the issue is still present please let us know so that we may take a further look. 
    > >
    > > Thank you!
    > >
    > > -Quicken Paloma
    >
    > Hi, I have waited. There is still No connection with wings FCU, still CC-502

I have sent log files again.
  • Quicken Paloma
    Hello @hankstera

Thank you for submitting the bug report promptly. There seem to be other users also reporting this issue. I have reported this issue through the proper channels. Let us know of any other issues that occur. Thank you!

-Quicken Paloma
  • hankstera
    hankstera Member ✭✭
    still not fixed ref 9273238
  • jerryd1
    jerryd1 Member ✭✭
    > @"Quicken Paloma" said:
    > Hello @hankstera, 
    >
    > Thank you for submitting the bug report promptly. There seem to be other users also reporting this issue. I have reported this issue through the proper channels. Let us know of any other issues that occur. Thank you!
    >
    > -Quicken Paloma

I am one of those "other users" who have been living with this ongoing problem with One Step updates for Wings Financial. While we lived with ongoing CC-501 issues that was supposedly fixed for numerous Credit Unions several weeks ago, I am now having ongoing CC-502 errors about 90% of the time I run a One Step Update for Wings Financial. I have also uploaded my data files and reported this problem numerous times through the "Report a Problem" link when One Step Update fails.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    jerryd1 said:
    > @Quicken Paloma said:
    > Hello @hankstera
    >
    > Thank you for submitting the bug report promptly. There seem to be other users also reporting this issue. I have reported this issue through the proper channels. Let us know of any other issues that occur. Thank you!
    >
    > -Quicken Paloma

I am one of those "other users" who have been living with this ongoing problem with One Step updates for Wings Financial. While we lived with ongoing CC-501 issues that was supposedly fixed for numerous Credit Unions several weeks ago, I am now having ongoing CC-502 errors about 90% of the time I run a One Step Update for Wings Financial. I have also uploaded my data files and reported this problem numerous times through the "Report a Problem" link when One Step Update fails.
    hello @jerryd1,

I am sorry to hear about ongoing problems with CC-502 errors. Thank you for following this discussion in search of further information.

Have you tried refreshing your account information? First, save a backup by going to File > Save a Backup in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then follow the instructions below:
    1. Open the transaction register for the account with the error message.
    2. Click the Gear Icon in the upper right of the register and select Update Now.

Error When Updating Accounts CC-502

1. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.
    2. Repeat these steps for each account with this error.
    Also note that deactivating and reactivating your accounts is unnecessary and could be a source of other problems when dealing with CC-502 errors, specifically. 

I look forward to your reply, and I intend to continue working with you on this issue, if necessary.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • hankstera
    hankstera Member ✭✭
    i have done all of these things multiple times. All the gear icon does now is take me to the wings website....for a quicken download. This does me no good.
  • Mountaineer
    Mountaineer Member
    I have the same CC-502 problem since last year. However, here is a twist. I have 3 Quicken files, each with a different set of Wings accounts in them. One of those Quicken files will update with Wings Financial, the other two will not.

I have attempted to deactivate and reactivate to solve the problem (which I see can cause other unspecified issues). I have attempted to reset the account (which kind of worked for some of the accounts once or twice). I have attempted to validate, super validate the files, recreate new Wings Financial accounts and then activate them online. All with no success. It looks like once you get the problem, it stays with the Quicken file, like the developers leave corrupted data in the file blocking it working properly from then on.

I have not attempted a new test file with Wings Financial account to send to Quicken support. I guess that appears to be the only remaining option since they can't figure out how to provide support for this bank.

1) So, What other "unspecified problems" occur with deactivating and reactivating the Wings Financial accounts? This is mentioned in the CC-502 generic error description page. "Before you begin
    We recommend that you do not deactivate and reactivate your account(s) to troubleshoot this specific issue, as it could lead to other issues.
    Also, you may be able to log into the bank's website successfully and still receive this error in Quicken. "

2) Why would this work for 1 of the Quicken Files, but not the other two? This implies it is Quicken File related, and not a function of the Quicken Server.

30+ yr old frustrated Quicken customer
  • hankstera
    hankstera Member ✭✭
    Agree with all.....Hello Quicken? How can a problem continue for over 6 months when it hasn't been there before for 20 years?
  • Quicken Anja
    Hello @hankstera,

I took the liberty of reviewing your tickets with us and found that you have an escalation ticket (9273074) that was opened on 3/2/22 for this issue.

Due to this, we can not pursue further troubleshooting from the Community as it can interfere with the open escalation. Unfortunately, we cannot provide an ETA on how long the escalation will take. However, our escalation team will contact you directly via email if needed.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• jerryd1
    jerryd1 Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken Jared said:
    > hello @jerryd1,
    >
    > I am sorry to hear about ongoing problems with CC-502 errors. Thank you for following this discussion in search of further information.
    >
    > Have you tried refreshing your account information? First, save a backup by going to File > Save a Backup in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then follow the instructions below:* Open the transaction register for the account with the error message.
    > * Click the Gear Icon in the upper right of the register and select Update Now.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > * Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.
    > * Repeat these steps for each account with this error.
    >
    > Also note that deactivating and reactivating your accounts is unnecessary and could be a source of other problems when dealing with CC-502 errors, specifically. 
    >
    > I look forward to your reply, and I intend to continue working with you on this issue, if necessary.
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Quicken Jared 

Yes Jared, I have tried everything that you have suggested. I have been a LONG TIME Quicken user and a beta tester for a while until I got tired of testing functions in Quicken that I have no interest in. I have spent hours on the phone and/or chat with your support team. These contacts with support end up going through the same old steps to fix similar problems with One Step Update at this and other financial institutions .....create new files, run validate or super validate, backup and restore, Deactivate, resets, and on and on. Somehow, it seems that eventually, and gosh knows most of the time it is not quick, the problems are fixed by Quicken or the bank and One Step Update starts working again with my data.

If I didn't know better, I'd think Wings Financial is not allowing One Step Update to connect and download data from Wings Financial unless there is new data in my accounts that has not been previously downloaded to Quicken. The small percentage of times that I am able to successfully do a one step update from Wings Financial there is data available to download. When there is no new Wings Financial transactions or data to download from that institution, the one step update hangs and results in an error. One Step updates attempted immediately before or after the new data is posted at Wings Financial and successfully downloaded using one step update result in a CC-502 or CC-501
This discussion has been closed.