Setting up Web Connect causes old balances to be randomly wrong

Hi All, I'm using Quicken Home, Business & Rental version R39.23 build 27.1.39.23 on Win10.

My bank recently switched out their online banking website system. For years prior, Quicken was set up to download transactions with one-click update but for a period of several months post banking website transition, they did not support this and I had to download QFX files from the banking website and import them into Quicken. It was a pain, but seemed to work. Of course, I always made sure the balances reconciled out.

My bank now once again supports the old one-click update/Web connect method so I went to set it back up. I matched up my accounts carefully and everything seems fine, except on a main checking account.

On this main checking account, the current balance is way off (accounting for pending/etc). If I go back to any random any point in time, the Quicken balance is still way off compared to my paper statements or online history. I cannot see any rhyme or reason for the discrepancy -- it varies by seemingly random but large amounts that I cannot tie to any transaction or group of. The only thing consistent seems to be that the balance Quicken reports is always low, never high.

I restored a backup Quicken DB file from right before reconnecting one-click, and verified those same points in time balances reconciled. As soon as I reconnected with one click and downloaded, it went back to wildly off for as far back as I have statements to compare to.

I've tried reconnecting and also validating&repairing my file, then reconnecting and still getting the same issue.

I'm not sure what else to try at this point?

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @RandomUserName123,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue. 

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. Which Financial Institution is this error occurring with?

I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Hi @"Quicken Jasmine" , am I able to PM the financial institution to you? I would prefer not to post that info in a public forum. I did contact them and their support team indicated I must contact third-party (ie, Quicken) support. Also, I spot checked some more random points in history and my statement that the Quicken balance is always too low is incorrect. I found instances where it is higher than paper statements indicate. Thank you for your reply.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @RandomUserName123,

Thank you for your response. 

I have sent you a direct message, please navigate to the inbox in the top right-hand corner of the Community page and check your inbox.

Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• I am seeing the same thing with one of my Bank of America accounts
  • Roger Miller
    Roger Miller Member ✭✭✭
    Scroll to the very first entry in the account, which is the Opening balance, and check to be sure that it is correct and that there is no offset.
    QWin Premier user since 1997. QWin Premier subscription on Windows 10 & 11. I don't use mobile & web or bill pay.

• @"Roger Miller" said:
    > Scroll to the very first entry in the account, which is the Opening balance, and check to be sure that it is correct and that there is no offset.

Thanks for the suggestion -- this is one of the first things I checked and not the issue. I have years' worth of statements to compare to and at any given time, the discrepancy appears to be random. If there were a (say) $5,200 offset at the beginning or at any random point in time, I would expect to see a consistent discrepancy of $5,200 but that is not the case.
  • > @"Quicken Jasmine" said:
    > Hello @RandomUserName123,
    >
    > Thank you for your response. 
    >
    > I have sent you a direct message, please navigate to the inbox in the top right-hand corner of the Community page and check your inbox.
    >
    >
    >  
    >
    > Thank you.

Hi Jasmine, I replied to your DM.
This discussion has been closed.