Start Over!

Options
dbranc
dbranc Member ✭✭
edited April 2022 in Investing (Windows)
I have an investment account that I link to the institution. I download over 300 transactions each month and try to match them to the Quicken portfolio. Never get a balanced reconciliation. Its gotten so poor I just want to start over. By that I mean, download the latest statement into quicken and delete the old one. I would imagine this involves setting up a temporary account to download the statement data into and then delete the old account. Anyone comment on this and how to do it?

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @dbranc,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

Before completing any of the instructions provided below, we recommend saving a backup first.

To complete what you described above, you will first need to do deactivate the existing account you have set up. Please, follow the steps found in this support article to deactivate.

Once deactivated, to add the account as a new account, navigate to Tools > Add Account... and follow the prompts to sign in and add the account. Be sure to check that the account does not try to link to the existing account you have set up and previously deactivated.

If successfully added, all looks good, and you still wish to delete the old account, you can then right-click the name of the old account select Edit/Delete account , and click Delete account in the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.