Is there a Quicken Mobile app that runs on the Mac?

johnodrake
johnodrake Member ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2022 in Using the Mobile App
Is there a Quicken Mobile app that runs on the Mac?

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Hi @johnodrake

There is a "mobile companion app for IOS" (but we're not sure exactly if that's what you are referring to by "Mobile app that runs on the Mac - since mobile apps typically run on mobile devices).

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• johnodrake
    johnodrake Member ✭✭✭✭
    I have a Mac Book Pro.  When I go to the App Store on the Mac Book Pro and search for Quicken, several options appear, Quicken and Quicken Mac are two.  When I select either of them, a large number of financial apps appear that I can download, none of which are Quicken.  I have the App on iPhone and iPad.  Mac Book Pro runs mobile apps.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the clarification.  Sorry, I can't remember seeing a similar post here in the community.  Perhaps another user can provide an answer, or you could contact Quicken Support, as they certainly should know this answer.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't believe you can download Quicken Mac from the App Store. You need to download it from your account on quicken.com.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • johnodrake
    johnodrake Member ✭✭✭✭
    I am looking for the mobile app.  I already have Quicken Mac.  It is so much different from Quicken windows that it is hard to use.  I will stick with Q-Win.  It works great.  But it is on my desktop and that is not so convenient when traveling.  I travel with the Mac Book Pro.  I would like to have the mobile app on the Mac so that I could leave the iPad behind.  Too much tech to lug around.  The iPhone does not have enough screen for me to use the mobile app on the iPhone.
  • johnodrake
    johnodrake Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the comments.  Perhaps what I am trying to do just isn't feasible and I should just drag along the iPad as well.  I know I can access over the net but we will be on a cruise and the internet is painful at times, actually most of the time.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited March 2022
    Hello @johnodrake,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

While we do not offer the option to install the Quicken Mobile app on a Macbook Pro, you do have the alternate option of accessing the Quicken on the Web app (also a companion app) by signing in at https://app.quicken.com/ or by visiting https://www.quicken.com/ > Click Sign in on the top-right > Click the blue Sign in button under Quicken on the Web.  

Additionally, you can find more info on the Quicken on the Web app through this support article.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• johnodrake
    johnodrake Member ✭✭✭✭
    Web access is not a good fit for my needs as the internet onboard cruise ships is notoriously and painfully slow.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What you're trying to do just isn't feasible.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • johnodrake
    johnodrake Member ✭✭✭✭
    I got that from the replies.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    johnodrake said: I got that from the replies.
    BTW - even if you could grab a different software gem, other than installing and using the QMac version, which you don't like -
    basically, all the data in any APP is going to be downloading from the Quicken Cloud servers - from the Internet.
    So... you would still be governed by the expensive and slow cruise ship Internet.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.