Error Syncing Accounts

Mark383
Mark383 Member ✭✭
Whenever I try syncing my accounts today, I get the following error message: "Quicken encountered an error while communicating with our servers. Try again later. If the error persists, contact Quicken Support." The problem persists. Quicken Support is so slow, I thought I'd ask if anyone has suggestions. Thanks!

Best Answer

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited March 2022 Answer ✓
    Hello @Mark383

Thank you for your response and for attempting these troubleshooting steps with me, though I apologize that you are still experiencing this error. 

Since you are still experiencing this error and our troubleshooting steps are not working, I recommend contacting Quicken Support as they can walk you through troubleshooting and in hopes, a resolution in real-time. 

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00am PT to 5:00pm PT, Monday through Friday.

Thank you. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

Answers

• Sharie
    Sharie Member ✭✭
    I am having this issue too as well as many others
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @Mark383 and @Sharie,

Thank you for contacting the Community. I apologize that you are experiencing this error and I understand that it can be frustrating. 

We do currently have an Ongoing Active Alert regarding this specific sync error that you are receiving. I have added a link to the alert which you can follow and bookmark in order to stay up to date on any new information, resolutions, or ETAs that may occur. 

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7907105/ongoing-3-1-22-sync-error-quicken-encountered-an-error-while-communicating-with-our-servers#latest

I am sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @Sharie,

What other errors are you experiencing?

I look forward to hearing your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

• Mark383
    Mark383 Member ✭✭
    edited March 2022
    According to the link you provided, this has been going on since January 25 and you are still no closer to having a solution! Since this is a major feature of Quicken, you should be issuing refunds for every day this continues to be unresolved. [Removed-Speculation].
  • Mark383
    Mark383 Member ✭✭
    edited March 2022
    You sent a notice saying that this issue was corrected and I can tell you that it is NOT corrected. The same error message pops up when trying to sync. Your other post saying that it was corrected doesn't allow for comments. [Removed - Speculation]
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @Mark383,

Thank you for your response. I am sorry that this error is still occurring for you. 

To start with, I suggest that you try to reset your Quicken Cloud. Doing so does not affect your data file or other Cloud Accounts (if applicable). Please, follow the instructions below in order to do so.
    1. Navigate to the Quicken dropdown menu 
    2. Preferences... 
    3. Mobile, Web & Alerts
    4. Use the toggle button on the left to turn Sync OFF 
    5. Click Disable Sync
    6. Navigate to Connected Services
    7. Click Reset (click Reset again on the pop-up box)
    8. Once the Reset completes, navigate back to Mobile, Web & Alerts
    9. Use the toggle button on the left to turn Sync ON
    10. Click Enable Sync
    Once that is done, go back to Mobile, Web & Alerts to select/deselect the accounts as desired and see if the issue still continues to persist.

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• Mark383
    Mark383 Member ✭✭
    I followed your instructions and I still get the error message regarding communicating with your servers. Suggestions?
  • Quicken Jasmine
    edited March 2022 Answer ✓
    Hello @Mark383

Thank you for your response and for attempting these troubleshooting steps with me, though I apologize that you are still experiencing this error. 

Since you are still experiencing this error and our troubleshooting steps are not working, I recommend contacting Quicken Support as they can walk you through troubleshooting and in hopes, a resolution in real-time. 

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00am PT to 5:00pm PT, Monday through Friday.

Thank you. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• cfeverhart
    cfeverhart Member ✭✭
    I'm trying those steps (turning off Sync), but I get the "Sync Error" in trying to execute that step.

I've spent hours with Support. Just yesterday they walked me through Export/Import into a new file. I still get Sync Error windows popping up when I go to download transactions.
  • Mark383
    Mark383 Member ✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Yes, I also continue to get the error message. None of the steps proposed have worked. [Removed-Speculation]
  • cfeverhart
    cfeverhart Member ✭✭
    Very frustrating that I spent hours doing the export/import dance per Support instructions only to have the problem persist.
  • cfeverhart
    cfeverhart Member ✭✭
    FYI I cannot even follow the instructions to turn Sync off (and Disable Sync); that step elicits the very Sync Error that we're trying to avoid.

I could conceivably try recreating a Quicken data file with no Sync to cloud, but that's hours with no guarantee of success.
  • Mark383
    Mark383 Member ✭✭
    edited March 2022
    [Removed - Off Topic/Disruptive]
  • cfeverhart
    cfeverhart Member ✭✭
    That is, I could export everything, create a new file and do NOT connect it to the cloud, then re-import everything into this file.

That would require hours and some hassle with re-connecting accounts. Even if it worked, then, I would be unable to see Quicken transactions through the web or through my smartphone (or my wife's machinery).
  • Mark383
    Mark383 Member ✭✭
    The problem continues…Any solutions?
  • cfeverhart
    cfeverhart Member ✭✭
    FYI I have ticket 9331178 from my call a couple days ago, and 9331377 as the ticket for an escalation based on the situation.
This discussion has been closed.