Citibank Credit Card Transactions Not Uploading?

Options
BrianBD
BrianBD Member ✭✭
Is there a known problem with getting Citibank Mastercard transactions uploaded into windows computers?

Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BrianBD said:
    Is there a known problem with getting Citibank Mastercard transactions uploaded into windows computers?
    Hello @BrianBD,

I am sorry to hear about the issue with transaction downloads. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community. 

When did this issue begin, as far as you can tell? What error messages, if any, are you seeing when attempting to download transactions? Are you seeing issues with importing files, as well? At the moment, there do not appear to be any open alerts specific to Citibank Mastercard accounts.

I hope to hear back from you about this, whenever you have the chance to check back in with us here on the Quicken Community.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • BrianBD
    BrianBD Member ✭✭
    Options
    Looks like downloads are, in fact, received & immediately placed within account history (i.e. register). However, recent app revisions do not preview the new transactions prior to insertion.
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    BrianBD said:
    Looks like downloads are, in fact, received & immediately placed within account history (i.e. register). However, recent app revisions do not preview the new transactions prior to insertion.
    @BrianBD

Thanks for following up with me about this matter. I am glad to hear that transactions seem to be appearing in the account register, but I am sorry that these previews you have been looking for are still missing.

When you are speaking of the preview of new transactions, are you referring to the One Step Update Summary, or the Downloaded Transactions tab at the bottom of the register?

I look forward to your reply, and hope to work with you on this issue further.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • BrianBD
    BrianBD Member ✭✭
    Options
    When using the One Step Update for 1 particular account, there is no separate box showing transactions to be positioned in the register. Transactions are immediately positioned (frequently with wrong vendor name & account) into the register. A preview box would give the user the option of accepting one, some or all of the transactions. Maybe I'm wrong & this is/was only available with bank account reconciliation.
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    BrianBD said:
    When using the One Step Update for 1 particular account, there is no separate box showing transactions to be positioned in the register. Transactions are immediately positioned (frequently with wrong vendor name & account) into the register. A preview box would give the user the option of accepting one, some or all of the transactions. Maybe I'm wrong & this is/was only available with bank account reconciliation.
    @BrianBD

Thanks for providing that explanation.

Based on what you are describing, there is indeed a spot where a user can decide whether or not to accept newly downloaded transactions. This is available just beneath the register - to the left - in a tab labelled Downloaded Transactions. I have provided a screenshot below for further clarification.

Was there another feature you were thinking of?

I hope this is helpful, and I look forward to any reply you can provide. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • BrianBD
    BrianBD Member ✭✭
    Options
    My version (R29.23) does not show this feature as it relates to credit card transactions that are accessed by the 1 step update. I'll wait for new transactions to be posted to my credit to look for this feature to reappear. See below for screen shot:
  • Quicken Jared
    Options
    BrianBD said:
    My version (R29.23) does not show this feature as it relates to credit card transactions that are accessed by the 1 step update. I'll wait for new transactions to be posted to my credit to look for this feature to reappear. See below for screen shot:
    @BrianBD

I am sorry that this situation's resolution is still unclear. Thanks for keeping in communications with me, and for providing that helpful screenshot.

First, save a backup by going into File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Then go to Edit > Preferences > Downloaded transactions and confirm that the box next to Automatically add to banking registers is not checked. Next, go to Edit/Delete Account then go to the Online Services tab. Make sure Automatic Entry is set to OFF.

I hope to hear back from you after you have had a chance to try these menu options, should you have the opportunity to drop by the Quicken Community once more.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.