Why is there no way to accept multiple downloaded transactions?

Options
rlrcstr
rlrcstr Member ✭✭
This seems like a ridiculous oversight. I can accept them individually, or one at a time, but I can't multi-select and accept a subset of transactions? Am I missing something?
Tagged:

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Made the correction for you.  And once you've collected enough forum points (I believe 50) you'll get the EDIT privilege.
    And, assuming that you're referencing the Downloaded transactions window, there's no Multi-accept function other than ACCEPT ALL ... which isn't recommended unless you've reviewed each downloaded transaction carefully.
    I usually pre-input all of my transactions so that their status in the Download Window is "Match" ... then I can accept all.  Or figure out why the others don't match.  BTW, there's no SPLIT function in the downloaded file, and I also split most everything ... which is why I pre-input.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rlrcstr said:
    This seems like a ridiculous oversight. I can accept them individually, or one at a time, but I can't multi-select and accept a subset of transactions? Am I missing something?
    If one believes in blindly accepting what Quicken is going assign as the category sounds like a good idea then I guess having a multiple select accept sounds like a good idea.

When you are working from the Downloaded Transactions tab it is only possible towhat Quicken is going to assign to the transaction as you select it.  So, if one is going to properly review transactions they need to select each one, and they might as well hit enter to accept it instead of looking at multiple transactions and then (if it was available) to do a multiple select and then accept them.

If one really wants to review multiple transactions at a time they should’ve be using automatic transaction entry mode, where they can review them in the register and use the full power of the register.

Note there is a basic difference between Accept All and using automatic transaction entry mode.
    With Accept All, all the transactions go into the register, but you can’t tell the new from the old.

With automatic transactions entry mode when the transactions go into the register they get a status of New or New Match, and as such one can tell which ones are new.  At this point you “Review them” (click on the Status icon/New/New Match) to mark them reviewed to clear this status field.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.