Cyprus Credit Union not downloading transactions. No errors reported

Options
jasonpbyu
jasonpbyu Member ✭✭
I have a small account at Cyprus Credit Union and noticed I had not updated for awhile. I ran the download and nothing downloaded, but no error. I tried to reset the connection and still nothing downloaded.

So I created a brand new quicken file and set up just Cyprus CU, it downloaded everything through 2/25. Again no error. (Did not get anything from March)

Is this going to be something the bank needs to work with Quicken to resolve or do I email it in?

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @jasonpbyu

The fact that you were able to download transactions and balances in that new Quicken datafile, when you haven't been able to do that in your current datafile suggests that there are potential issues with your current datafile.  To see if Quicken can fix those, you should first - validate and after that, potentially supervalidate your datafile.  Before you do that, please make a backup of that current datafile, then follow the instructions located at this LINK (you should start in the section entitled "Fourth, Copy your file and Validate".

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• jasonpbyu
    jasonpbyu Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Frankx said:
    > Hi @jasonpbyu
    >
    > The fact that you were able to download transactions and balances in that new Quicken datafile, when you haven't been able to do that in your current datafile suggests that there are potential issues with your current datafile.  To see if Quicken can fix those, you should first - validate and after that, potentially supervalidate your datafile.  Before you do that, please make a backup of that current datafile, then follow the instructions located at this LINK (you should start in the section entitled "Fourth, Copy your file and Validate".
    >
    > Let me know how that goes.
    >
    > Frankx

I think I may not have explained correctly. Everything that downloaded in the new file is the same stuff that I have in my main file. Nothing beyond 2/25 has downloaded in either one.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi again @jasonpbyu,

Okay - if that is the case, you should not follow the above suggestion.  Rather, this indicates that the problem likely is being caused by the bank and/or the data it is providing rather than a problem with Quicken or your datafile.  

I would suggest that you first contact the bank and let them know that you haven't been able to download data and ask them to look the issue, also suggesting that they contact Quicken for assistance.  You might also want to see if, at least for the interim, you may be able to download transactions directly from the CU and import them into Quicken.

Let me know if you have any followups.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

This discussion has been closed.