Stock Quotes Not Updating

Russ Donovan
Russ Donovan Member ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Investing (Windows)
I find I have to run the update two or more times to get stock prices to update. Is anyone else having this problem?
Tagged:

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Q US or Q Canada? (There's a current Q Cda issue about quotes).
    What particular quotes?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    I find I have to run the update two or more times to get stock prices to update. Is anyone else having this problem?
    Hello @Russ Donovan

I am sorry to hear about this issue with stock prices failing to update. Thank you for taking the opportunity to ask about this here on the Quicken Community.

I do have some additional questions. When did this issue begin? Are you noticing this across multiple investments associated with multiple financial institutions? Lastly, where is your current, active data file located? You can check this anytime by going to File > Show this file on my computer in the upper menu at the top of the screen.

I look forward to hearing more form you about this.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Russ Donovan
    Russ Donovan Member ✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Quicken Jared, I believe I first noticed this issue about two weeks ago. It is all stocks and ETFs. None update until I've run the update multiple times, and then they all update. As has been the case for many years, my Quicken data file is located at: "D:\Users\Russ\Documents\Data\Finance\QData".
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Quicken Jared, I believe I first noticed this issue about two weeks ago. It is all stocks and ETFs. None update until I've run the update multiple times, and then they all update. As has been the case for many years, my Quicken data file is located at: "D:\Users\Russ\Documents\Data\Finance\QData".
    Hello @Russ Donovan

I am sorry that this issue remains ongoing, for the moment. Thank you for checking back in and providing us with additional information.

Have you tried validating the data file? First, save a backup by going to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Next, follow the instructions below in order:

1. Navigate to File
    2. Select Validate and Repair File...
    3. Click Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    I hope to hear from you once more, should you have the chance to check in with us about this situation in the future.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Russ Donovan
    Russ Donovan Member ✭✭
    Today the quote updates worked the first time, no problems! Perhaps the problem is has disappeared. I will advise if it arises again.
  • Russ Donovan
    Russ Donovan Member ✭✭
    Quicken Jared, I neglected to mention that I had not tried a validation. I will do so when/if the issue reoccurs.
  • Russ Donovan
    Russ Donovan Member ✭✭
    edited April 2022
    After disappearing for a few days, the issue reappeared last week and has been a problem every day since. Sometimes two attempts get the prices updated, occasionally it takes three or more attempts. So today I followed the suggestions from Jared and validated my data file. After that and closing Quicken, waiting 10 seconds and reopening, I tried updating the prices again. Same problem. Running one-step a second time (after data file validation) finally got my prices updated.

Replying to some earlier posts: I'm running "Quicken Premier (US) R39.23". When the price update fails, it updates nothing (about 16 stocks and 8 ETFs), when the price update succeeds, all 16 stocks and 8 ETFs update.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @Russ Donovan,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and trying the troubleshooting instructions that were previously provided, though we are sorry to hear that the issue has resurfaced.

At this point, we would recommend that you reach out to Quicken Support directly instead, for more extensive troubleshooting and possible escalation if they see fit.

We apologize that efforts from the Community were unable to resolve this for you! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Joe7
    Joe7 Member ✭✭
    Stock portfolio is not updating daily quotes and gains/losses for the day. Is this a glitch at Intuit?
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Joe7
    You posted at 9:40 AM Eastern time.

The markets do not open until 9:30 and Quicken's quotes are delayed by at least 15 minutes, so you will be seeing yesterday's prices. Are the prices up to date if you update them after 9:45?

Also Quicken Inc is an independent company, and Intuit is not involved in the stock quote process.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Russ Donovan
    Russ Donovan Member ✭✭
    Each of the failing updates was submitted in the afternoons, after the markets had closed for the day.
This discussion has been closed.