Why does Quicken always start with old data?

Jeff32@
Jeff32@ Member ✭✭
Every time I start Quicken it starts with data ending in 2021. I have to open my backup file, then everything's ok but I have to do this every time I start the program.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Q should open the last file that you used IF you click on the PROGRAM icon.  Are you, perhaps, clicking on a data file icon to open the program?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Jeff32@
    Jeff32@ Member ✭✭
    Nope, clicking on the icon
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I asked about 2 different Icons ... so you really didn't answer.
    RIGHT click on that Icon and click PROPERTIES.
    Is there a "Target Type" Application?
    OR 
    Is there a "Type of File:" label with "Quicken Data file" in he box adjacent?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Jeff32@
    Jeff32@ Member ✭✭
    the target file is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Quicken\qw.exe"
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Next question: What is the name and location of your Quicken data file (the old one that Quicken starts with) and what is the name of the backup file that you need to restore from every day
    (e.g. C:\Users\username\Documents\Quicken\QDATA.QDF)?
    Is it possible that there is a trailing blank space at the end of the data file name portion (e.g. QDATA_.QDF where the underscore_ represents a trailing blank space). Quicken is not able to remember file names with trailing spaces. If that is the case, close Quicken and use Windows File Explorer to rename the file and remove the trailing space. Once renamed, double-click the file name to start Quicken using this file. Quicken should be able to remember properly from now on.
  • Jeff32@
    Jeff32@ Member ✭✭
    This behavior seems to have stopped by itself. Thanks for your suggestions though.
This discussion has been closed.