RPG Consultants - no download info (QMac)

Bill17
Bill17 Member, Mac Beta Beta
Quicken finally added RPG Consultants to the list of WebConnect financial institutions, but after setting up my account no information downloads and the account simply shows, "This portfolio has no securities or cash." I've confirmed that my login credentials are correct and I enter the MFA code I receive when asked, and the update completes as if successful -- no error messages -- but no transaction or position information is downloaded. Resetting the cloud account didn't help. Any suggestions? Quicken Mac Premier v6.6.2. Thanks!

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @Bill17,

Thank you for contacting the Community, I am sorry that you are experiencing this error. 

Could you please create a test file and add the RPG Consultants account(s) to see if the same error occurs? You can do this by going to File>New>Start from Scratch. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Bill17
    Hi Jasmine-- Thanks for the quick response. I created a new Quicken file as you suggested, and the RPG account got set up without a problem (asking me for MFA and a security question, as expected) but the result was the same: no positions downloaded (I forgot that there won't be transactions since the account only allows simple tracking). What now? Thanks.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @Bill17,

Thank you for your response, I apologize that the same thing occurred in the test file. 

Due to this, I recommend reaching out to RPG Consultants regarding transactions not downloading. You may want to also log in to your account on the RPG Consultants website and check settings to make sure you have anything that relates to third-party access enabled. 

RPG Consultants may be able to provide further information, and I am certain that they are eager to receive feedback from customers. Keep in mind that it may be necessary to request to speak with a Tier 2 representative or an escalations agent, as they are likely to have a greater degree of familiarity with third-party software and its interactions with their online banking services.

I hope this helps.
    Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Bill17
    Hi Jasmine-- I did reach out to RPG. They replied that they in turn reached out to Quicken support but didn't really receive much feedback on why users can't connect an RPG account to Quicken's platform. They added that "Quicken will not support our portal despite our attempts to work with them."

Of course, I don't know what's behind this last comment, but I'd think it'd be in your (and their) customers' best interests to try harder to mutually resolve the issue -- odds are both companies have some responsibility here. 
    RPG and Quicken must have communicated at one point -- how else would RPG have gotten listed with Quicken? -- and it sounds like more of that communication is needed. Thanks!
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bill17 said:  the result was the same: no positions downloaded (I forgot that there won't be transactions since the account only allows simple tracking).
    Do you mean the Quicken Simple Tracking vs Quicken Complete Tracking - easily changed in the Account Details screen

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Bill17
    edited April 2022
    One other thing: RPG did note that their participants have been able to link [Removed - Solicitation] accounts to their RPG accounts, in case that sheds any light on this.
  • Bill17
    Ps56k2 said:
    Bill17 said:  the result was the same: no positions downloaded (I forgot that there won't be transactions since the account only allows simple tracking).
    Do you mean the Quicken Simple Tracking vs Quicken Complete Tracking - easily changed in the Account Details screen

When enabling the RPG account for Quicken download, a Quicken window opened saying that only Simple Tracking was available for the account. While I didn't check, I assume from this that the Account Details screen would not have a Complex Tracking option. 
This discussion has been closed.