Yearly RMD Total

Options
Shirley Winkler
Shirley Winkler Member ✭✭✭
I don't take my RMD in equal payments and I want to make sure that at the end of the year I have taken what is required. I know my financial company will send me the remainder at the end of the year but I'd like to stay on top of it. I've tried to run a report but even if I change the time period from 1/1/22 to 12/31/22 it only lists past amounts in the report. Ideas????? I think I just resolved it - works for me anyway. I have the RMD amounts listed as scheduled transactions. If I mark them as already paid (even though in the future), they appear on the Tax Report under taxable income.

Best Answer

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @UKR This question was posted in a Mac category, and I believe Shirley is a Mac user. So your posts for Quicken Windows do not apply.

@Shirley Winkler As you've discovered, scheduled transactions are like a template for future transactions, but each instance of a scheduled transaction does not exist in the database. To run reports on future transactions, you would need to make these actual transactions, not scheduled transactions — and some users do so. You could create a workflow of setting the Status field of your future transactions to "Not Reviewed", or use the Action column to denote future transactions you haven't yet turned into real transactions.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are you asking that the report include future payments that you haven't taken yet?  How can it possibly know that?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Shirley Winkler
    Options
    They are scheduled transactions.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Options
    With a proper setting in effect, future instances of scheduled reminder transactions can appear in your Annual Budget view as if they had already occurred. They also appear in the Tax Planner views, but they don't appear in a Tax Summary Report (which is based solely on actual recorded transactions).
  • Shirley Winkler
    Options
    What settings. The budget page I’m looking at does not include future deposits.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Please take a look at the Planning tab / Budgets View / Budget Actions / View options / Include reminders.
    When enabled, future reminders will show in the "Actual" columns in their respective months as if the transaction had already occurred.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @UKR This question was posted in a Mac category, and I believe Shirley is a Mac user. So your posts for Quicken Windows do not apply.

@Shirley Winkler As you've discovered, scheduled transactions are like a template for future transactions, but each instance of a scheduled transaction does not exist in the database. To run reports on future transactions, you would need to make these actual transactions, not scheduled transactions — and some users do so. You could create a workflow of setting the Status field of your future transactions to "Not Reviewed", or use the Action column to denote future transactions you haven't yet turned into real transactions.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Shirley Winkler
    Options
    It appears that the Mac & Windows versions are very different. I have requested many times to have a custom date in the Bills & Income tab like the Windows version had when I stopped using it - BUT - it still hasn't been added. Thanks for taking your time to help! I did what was suggested which is to enter the future transactions as being deposited but I leave the review flag set.
This discussion has been closed.