No bank accounts updating... again

I have posted this at least twice before, but the discussions have been closed. The issue persists. The trouble is, you don't know that an account hasn't been updated until you try to reconcile, at which point you get a message "would you like to update the account?" even though I had just run one step update, several times. The brokerage accounts update, but NONE of my bank accounts or credit cards have updated for at least a week. I've had to reset each account individually in order to update recent activity. These include, Ally Bank, AMEX, Capital One, Chase, FNB of PA, and PNC.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @mkalman115,

Thank you for contacting the Community, I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue and I understand how truly frustrating it can be when it continues to occur. 

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. What version of Quicken are you using? You can see this by going to Help>About Quicken or Help>Check for Updates. How long has this issue been occurring for you? Once you reset your accounts, how long does everything work before you need to update again? Do you receive any sort of error codes or messages regarding these accounts?

I look forward to hearing your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• mkalman115
    mkalman115 Member ✭✭
    Thank you, Jasmine. I am using Quicken Premier R39.23. Build 27.1.39.23. This issue has been recurring for months. It usually goes a 304 days before I notice that none of the bank or credit card data are downloading, at which time I must manually reset each account or cancel and restart online services. It may be several days or weeks between this issue recurring. I haven't kept a record. And I never receive error messages when this occurs. Only when I try to reconcile and it asks if I want to download data, which I thought I just had done.
  • mkalman115
    mkalman115 Member ✭✭
    Typo-- 3 or 4 days.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @mkalman115,

Thank you for your thorough response. 

To start with, if you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in. Please, follow the steps below in order to do so.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password (this screen is not a pop-up box)
    Once that is done, see if the issue persists.

Please check back and let us know how it goes! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

• mkalman115
    mkalman115 Member ✭✭
    I followed your instructions and tried One Step Update again. Now I am getting "Needs your attention" messages for Ally, FNB of PA, PNC Web Connect, and PNC Virtual Wallet. CC-800. After clicking Fix It for all of these, multiple PNC credit card transactions downloaded, back to 3/18/22 (8 days ago). I ran One Step Update again and got the same CC-800 errors. The Ally and FNB accounts now have red circles with slashes next to them in the Account list.

By the way, as you see, I have two download methods for PNC - Web Connect and Virtual Wallet. How can I eliminate Virtual Wallet? I don't think I need it and it may be causing a conflict.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @mkalman115,

Thank you for your response and for continuing to attempt these troubleshooting steps with me. 

In regards to the CC-800 error, here is a link to a support article that discusses steps to take to resolve this issue. 

As for the PNC-Virtual Wallet, are you wanting to delete the account completely or deactivate it from transaction downloads? 

I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• mkalman115
    mkalman115 Member ✭✭
    Follow-up: After multiple iterations of resetting and restarting online services, and deleting and re-adding accounts, I finally seem to have an error update. Time will tell if transactions are dropped again.
  • mkalman115
    mkalman115 Member ✭✭
    I meant error-free.
This discussion has been closed.