Quicken Split Transaction

Options
FrankRyan
FrankRyan Member
For my paycheck split transactions, Quicken keeps deleting the transfer information for every account to account transfer. Dollar amounts stay in place. For example, my paycheck has money transfered to my HSA account. Dollar amount is in the amount column, but the account goes away. Within the same split, money spilt to taxes and medical insurance are ok. This has been going on for months to years. I have deleted the split and re-entered information, but it still occurs after the first one or two times.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @FrankRyan,

Thank you for contacting the Community, I am sorry that you are experiencing this error. 

First, I suggest validating your active file, however, be aware that this will not fix any past splits but might help prevent this error from reoccurring. Below are instructions on how to validate your file. 

I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists
    Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.