Checkbook Register Report Changes

Rbuckpi
Rbuckpi Member
edited April 2022 in Reports (Windows)
I created a register report for my checking account. The report printed out. I would like to remove the memo and categories from the printed report.

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't change what has already printed.  To change upcoming reports ... go back into the Q reports dialog and click the GEAR icon to "Customize the Register Report"

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Rbuckpi
    Rbuckpi Member
    forgive me I am new to quicken. I went to quicken and clicked on the reports menu. I didn't see a customize the register report or a gear icon.

What am I doing wrong?
  • Rbuckpi
    Rbuckpi Member
    Using the latest version of Quicken deluxe.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @Rbuckpi,

Thank you for your response, I would be happy to help you out. 

If you click into the report you created (Show Report), in the upper right corner there will be a 'gear' icon with the word Customize below it. See the example below:

If you choose to create a new report, next to Show Report is a button that says Customize, you may also click there. See the example below:

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Rbuckpi
    Rbuckpi Member
    Now I know why the show and customize the report, because I didn’t create the check report. I will have to make a new checkbook register.

Thanks,
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @Rbuckpi,

Thank you for your response. I am happy that I could help. 

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns. 

Enjoy your Sunday!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Rbuckpi
    It sounds like you were viewing the checking account's register and you went to File > Print (account name) to print the report. That produces an "old style" report that cannot be customized other than the date range.

If you click on the gear at the top right of the register and pick More reports then Register report, you can see a more modern, flexible report. If you click on the Customize gear at the top right of that report, you can choose the date range and the columns to display.

You can adjust the column widths by clicking and dragging the short vertical bars between the column headings.  

You can change the sort order by clicking on a column heading to select it. Each time you click the sort order is reversed.

Unfortunately this report does not include the running balance the way the register does.
    QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.