One Step Update - Morgan Stanley Wealth Mgmt - Not Updating

Options
tbb810
tbb810 Member ✭✭
SInce my last successful update 3/24/22, One Step Update summary for my Morgan Stanley Wealth Mgmt accounts shows error code OL-362-A: Your financial institution has downloaded data for an account that does not exist in your Quicken data file. I have deactivated & then activated each Morgan Stanley account for downloads of transactions. All my Morgan Stanley accounts are in Quicken. My Morgan Stanley accounts have not been updated since 3/24/22. Can you help?

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @tbb810,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

First, please save a backup before attempting any troubleshooting instructions (just in case).

If you haven't already, I suggest you try to deactivate all accounts for this financial institution again (unless they are already deactivated currently), then force Quicken to "rediscover" all available accounts and see if this will help resolve itPlease, follow the instructions below in order to do so.
    1. Open the Account List in Quicken (Tools > Account List OR Ctrl + A)
    2. If present, select the Show Hidden Accounts checkbox at the bottom of the Account List
    3. Edit each account with this financial institution to Deactivate (or Remove From One Step Update) on the Online Services tab
    4. Click on the General tab and remove any info displayed in the Financial Institution, and Account/Routing Number fields. Note: The account must be deactivated first before these fields can be edited.
    5. When finished, close the Account List
    6. Close, then re-open Quicken
    7. Click the Add Account button at the bottom of the Account Bar on your main view
    8. Walkthrough this process as if you were going to add a new account, providing the login credentials and answering any security questions/processes presented until you reach the screen where Quicken displays the Accounts Discovered at the financial institution
    9. Very carefully LINK each of the found accounts to the appropriate account you already have set up in Quicken.
    Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

Also, please be advised that we do have an active Alert currently open on Morgan Stanley Wealth Management. More information as well as any and all available updates on the issue reported can be found in this Community Alert. While the error code reported in the Alert is different from that of which you mentioned, it could possibly be related.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• tbb810
    tbb810 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I went through all 9 steps & ran One Step Update successfully for all my Morgan Stanley Wealth Mgmt accounts. But now when I run One Step Update for all my accounts, I get the same error code OL-362-A: Your financial institution has downloaded data for an account that does not exist in your Quicken data file for my 1 UBS Financial Services Inc account. When I went through all 9 steps & ran successfully One Step Update for my 1 UBS account, I got the same error code OL-362- A for all my Morgan Stanley Wealth Mgmt accounts. When I correct my UBS account & run One Step Update for all accounts, I get the error code for my Morgan Stanley accounts & vice-versa. What to do? I'm caught in a circle!
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tbb810 said:
    I went through all 9 steps & ran One Step Update successfully for all my Morgan Stanley Wealth Mgmt accounts. But now when I run One Step Update for all my accounts, I get the same error code OL-362-A: Your financial institution has downloaded data for an account that does not exist in your Quicken data file for my 1 UBS Financial Services Inc account. When I went through all 9 steps & ran successfully One Step Update for my 1 UBS account, I got the same error code OL-362- A for all my Morgan Stanley Wealth Mgmt accounts. When I correct my UBS account & run One Step Update for all accounts, I get the error code for my Morgan Stanley accounts & vice-versa. What to do? I'm caught in a circle!
    Hello @tbb810

I am sorry that there are still ongoing issues affecting your account connections. Thank you for providing us with updates and additional information regarding the matter at hand.

As @Quicken Anja rightly noted, there is an Open Alert regarding Morgan Stanley accounts that is still active at the moment, so keep an eye on the discussion that was linked. 

Where is your current active data file located? You can check this anytime by going to File > Show this file on my computer... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Make sure that the data file is not being stored on an external hard drive or cloud-based service.

Thanks again for your patience and for keeping in contact.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • tbb810
    tbb810 Member ✭✭
    Options
    My active data file is saved on OS (C:).
This discussion has been closed.