Chase Bank Credit Card Download

kingjck
kingjck Member ✭✭
My Chase Freedom Unlimited Credit card stopped downloading about Mar 15. Today I attempted to fix the problem. First I tried to reset the account but it still would not download. So I deactivated and tried to add the account. When attempting to add the account I click on the Chase icon in the add account search financial institutions window. The screen flashes but fails to show Chase options. Just returns to the add account screen. I use latest version of quicken on Windows 10. Does anyone else have this problem with Chase? Suggestions?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    kingjck said:
    My Chase Freedom Unlimited Credit card stopped downloading about Mar 15. Today I attempted to fix the problem. First I tried to reset the account but it still would not download. So I deactivated and tried to add the account. When attempting to add the account I click on the Chase icon in the add account search financial institutions window. The screen flashes but fails to show Chase options. Just returns to the add account screen. I use latest version of quicken on Windows 10. Does anyone else have this problem with Chase? Suggestions?
    Hello @kingjck

I am sorry to hear about this issue with your credit card account and downloading information through online banking services. Thank you for speaking with us about this problem here on the Quicken Community.

In order to assist you further, I do have some other questions for you. Are you noticing any error messages when the downloads fail? Are you currently making use of antivirus software, firewalls, pop-up blockers, or Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)? If so, it may be necessary to turn these off as they can occasionally cause connection issues that prevent transactions from downloading. Lastly, have you noticed these kinds of issues with any other accounts or financial institutions?

I look forward to hearing more from you about this. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • kingjck
    kingjck Member ✭✭
    Thank you Quicken Jared

Chase is one of two accounts using Express Web Connect. The other account works fine. I went through the following process on the Chase Account."
    1- Deactivated account
    2- Ran Validate and Repair
    2-Went through Add Account Process
    - Selected Chase
    - Selected Advanced Options
    - Selected Express Web Connect
    - Entered Web User ID and password
    - Selected Connect
    3-After verifying with emailed code from Chase, Chase credit card was found
    4-Selected Link to existing
    5- got updating window and message that transactions downloaded for last 314 days.
    Transactions were not downloaded. After doing one step update, all other accounts were updated bug Chase was not. Chase was not listed in one step update summary and no transactions were downloaded. There was no online balance below check register.

I use the latest version of Quicken Premier on Windows 10 laptop.
    Anti-virus was disabled.
  • Quicken Jared
    kingjck said:
    Thank you Quicken Jared

Chase is one of two accounts using Express Web Connect. The other account works fine. I went through the following process on the Chase Account."
    1- Deactivated account
    2- Ran Validate and Repair
    2-Went through Add Account Process
    - Selected Chase
    - Selected Advanced Options
    - Selected Express Web Connect
    - Entered Web User ID and password
    - Selected Connect
    3-After verifying with emailed code from Chase, Chase credit card was found
    4-Selected Link to existing
    5- got updating window and message that transactions downloaded for last 314 days.
    Transactions were not downloaded. After doing one step update, all other accounts were updated bug Chase was not. Chase was not listed in one step update summary and no transactions were downloaded. There was no online balance below check register.

I use the latest version of Quicken Premier on Windows 10 laptop.
    Anti-virus was disabled.
    Hello @kingjck

I am sorry that this issue is ongoing, even after attempting all of the troubleshooting steps you have mentioned in your comment. Thank you for continuing to reach out to bring us further information about what is happening.

I want to be sure that the filters and the sort order in the register have been checked. You can clear any active filters by clicking the Reset button just above the register, itself, if this is not 'greyed out.' You can check the sort order by clicking on the word Date at the top of the associated column at the top of the register. In order to sort transactions from oldest to newest, make sure that the triangular arrow next to this word is facing up.

Also, where is your current active data file located? You can check this anytime by going to File > Show this file on my computer in the upper menu at the top of the screen.  

I look forward to any response you can provide, should you have the chance to drop by and check back in with us again.

Thanks,

Quicken Jared 
  • kingjck
    kingjck Member ✭✭
    Solution to Chase bank connect and download issues. I stumbled on it after I spent many hours troubleshooting. It seems the problem was related to syncing issues related to Quicken mobile. Once I disabled syncing for web and mobile my problems went away. Who would have thought this would cause a problem with connect and downloading and account using Express Web Connect? But it did. I rarely use mobile so it doesn't really bother me. I recommend anyone who experiences a similar problem try disabling these services.
  • Quicken Jared
    kingjck said:
    Solution to Chase bank connect and download issues. I stumbled on it after I spent many hours troubleshooting. It seems the problem was related to syncing issues related to Quicken mobile. Once I disabled syncing for web and mobile my problems went away. Who would have thought this would cause a problem with connect and downloading and account using Express Web Connect? But it did. I rarely use mobile so it doesn't really bother me. I recommend anyone who experiences a similar problem try disabling these services.
    Hello @kingjck

I am happy to hear that the issue has been resolved, although I am sorry that it took some additional steps to do so. I am also happy that your use of Quicken has not been impacted, and I appreciate you taking the time to follow up and provide your path to solving this problem and update us about the current situation.

Feel free to reach out with any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.