Commerce Bank transaction download

Options
Steve22
Steve22 Member ✭✭
Does anyone have a solution for the weeks-long inability to download account transactions from Commerce Bank

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Steve22,

There are a few Commerce Banks throughout the country - can you provide the full bank name and its location?  Also - are you seeing any error codes (if so please list them); also which type(s) of accounts (bank account, credit card, loan, other); and what method do you use when downloading from this financial institution?

Get back to us and we'll go from there.

Thanks.
    Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Which issue are you referring to?  I did a search in this forum going back into the end of Dec and could find no Alert or ongoing issue regarding Commerce Bank.
    Please provide some more information:
    • What version of Quicken are you running?  (Help > About Quicken)
    • Are you having this issue with any other financial institutions?
    • What kind of account(s) are you trying to download?
    • What is your connection method?  (Direct Connect, Express Web Connect or Web Connect)
    • Are you getting any error codes?  If so, what are they?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• Steve22
    Steve22 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Commerce Bank Ks,Mo,Ill. There are no error codes, it makes a connection, but no transactions download. Accounts are checking, money market, savings. Use the direct method of connection..
    Other financial institutions download without a problem. I am using Quicken Premier version 39.23
  • Boatnmaniac
    Options
    I see there are 2 Commerce Bank KS, MO, IL setup links. 
    1. Commerce Bank - KS, MO, IL Web:  This one is for Express Web Connect and Web Connect only so I am assuming you are not trying to set up with this one.
    2. Commerce Bank - KS, MO, IL:  This one is for Express Web Connect and Direct Connect but the default is for Express Web Connect.  If you used this link, did you click on "Advanced Options" and then select Direct Connect before proceeding to enter your ID and PIN?

• Steve22
    Steve22 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I used the Commerce Bank Ks,Mo,Il for direct connect but I did not click on advanced options first.....
    I will try that....thanks
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Steve22

You may need to contact your bank if you want to use Direct Connect with Commerce Bank-KS, MO, IL and that could entail having them make adjustments to you account to allow you to use Direct Connect.  I would suggest that you contact your bank to make sure that you've taken the proper steps to connect.  It certainly be worth the extra step to use Direct Connect vs Express Web Connect.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Steve22
    Steve22 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have deactivated then reactivated these 3 accounts, and when I selected Commerce Bank Ks,Mo,Il and then clicked on advanced options,,,,.and then selected direct connect.....and then
    entered the correct credentials to find my accounts.....it reestablished a connection for those 3 accounts...but still did not download any transactions
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited March 2022
    Options
    @Steve22 - I checked the Commerce Bank website for info about Quicken.  It does appear that they require some sort of enrollment/registration in order to use Quicken with their system. In addition, it looks accessing your bank accounts is free under some circumstances but there are fees that will be incurred under others.  You can read more about these things at https://www.commercebank.com/personal/online-features/online-banking-faqs.
    So, I agree with @Frankx that you should contact Commerce. 

• Steve22
    Steve22 Member ✭✭
    Options
    ok I will contact the bank....thanks for your help
  • Steve22
    Steve22 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have contacted Commerce Bank and they assure me that there is "no problem on their end" and that
    the solution to the inability to download transactions lies with Quicken......the finger pointing is
    exasperating.
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Steve22 said:
    I have contacted Commerce Bank and they assure me that there is "no problem on their end" and that
    the solution to the inability to download transactions lies with Quicken......the finger pointing is
    exasperating.
    So they say there is no problem on their end but did they check to make sure you had properly enrolled/registered your account so you can use Quicken to access your accounts?

This discussion has been closed.