Franklin Templeton access no longer working!

Don Awalt
Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
This morning I continually get errors connecting to Franklin Templeton, without an error code - see image. I confirmed that I still have access to the web site, and I downloaded the mobile app and after being asked a security question and going through 2FA, it works fine., But Quicken still does not. I eventually deactivated online access thru Quicken and attempted to set it up again after exiting and restarting Quicken, but I get this error message below. Anyone else seeing this problem, and whose side is it on?

Best Answer

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    edited March 2022 Answer ✓
    Hello @all

Thank you so much for all your patience and support as we work towards a resolution.

We have an New Active Alert in regards to Franklin Templeton and the "Sorry, it's not your fault" error, Download error (2005), and the OL-306 error.

You may follow this link in order to bookmark the Alert and remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur. 

I hope you all have a fantastic day!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @Don Awalt,

Thank you for contacting the Community, I am sorry that you are experiencing this error. 

An "It's not your fault" error will require a contact to support for a review of the log files and possible escalation to resolve. 

You can send your logs via Help > Report a problem from within the Quicken program. However, please be aware that you will not receive a response by submitting your logs this way.

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00am PT to 5:00pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I am sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Thank you, but is that my only recourse? I’ve never heard of that. That doesn’t sound like I’ll be able to download transactions for an indefinite period of time! I really don’t understand why this is the only option. FYI, this has been working fine for years.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @Don Awalt,

Thank you for your response. I understand your concerns. 

This error message requires you to contact Quicken Support due to the fact that there are certain protocols that need to be followed and steps that you need to be walked through in real-time to reach a resolution.  We, as Community Moderators can only do so much to troublehsoot in relation to discussion forums.

I apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused.

-Quicken Jasmine

• Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    Well since submitting logs gets me no resolution, I'll have to wait until Support is available on Monday and do without for 2 days. If this kind of error requires personal interaction there should be a way to do this on the weekend when people may need it. I expect better of a subscription service. Thanks.
  • Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    I have further verified that Express Web Connect works, Direct Connect does not. Should be something Quicken can fix with Franklin Templeton..?
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @Don Awalt,

Thank you for your response. I am happy to hear that Express Web Connect works. 

On Monday, could you please resubmit your logs (They are only good for 48 hours) and then contact support so they may escalate the issue regarding Direct Connect and Franklin Templeton?

Thank you and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

-Quicken Jasmine

• arthurcraft
    arthurcraft Member ✭✭
    Having same problem here — since 3/26 — I can access Franklin directly on web but not thru Quicken download
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @arthurcraft,

Thank you for contacting the Quicken Community, I apologize that you are also experiencing this error. 

Are you also receiving the "It's not your fault" error message?

I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• BikeMore
    BikeMore Member
    I am having the same issue that started in the last couple of days.
  • I am having the same issue since March 26th. This is a Quicken problem. Please offer a fix.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    edited March 2022
    Hello @BikeMore and @BillTheScribbler,

Please refer to my previous message regarding sending your logs and contacting Quicken Support

Thank you. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• AZCoder1959
    AZCoder1959 Member ✭✭✭
    I'm also having the same problem.

Note to Quicken Support: The default answer isn't "send the logs" when this is clearly affecting ALL Franklin customers. I realize you can provide nothing more here, but perhaps an alert to your network team about the sudden access issue would help?

Has there been a change in Franklin's security protocols? That's my first guess. Perhaps development is even working out a change as we speak. Knowing that would be extremely helpful.

Thanks for your consideration.
  • dungan3
    dungan3 Member ✭✭
    I'm having the same problem with Quicken, and it started on 26 March 2022
  • piotrs
    piotrs Member
    I'm having the same problem and have just submitted my log files. I hope this helps.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Hello @AZCoder1959,

Thank you for contacting the Community, though I am sorry that you are experiencing this error. 

The reason we have users send their logs is so we may document the error occurring and locate a pattern among the users experiencing this issue. In order to put out an alert, we need to have sufficient documentation that this is occurring and we need to isolate the issue. This is why we ask users to send logs and report back after doing so. 

I hope this clears up some of the confusion. 

Thank you. 

-Quicken Jasmine

• Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    I have uploaded an error report and log of the "It's not your fault" Direct Connect error too. I hope this gets fixed. If anyone hears of a solution that works for them, please let us all know. I doubt we will hear anything in the thread from Quicken.
  • Rick98
    Rick98 Member
    Same problem here. Called Franklin Templeton, they say they've just changed over to a two step authentication this weekend in order to sign into accounts. This may be the problem. As Don has indicated Express Web Connect still works, but Direct Connect is now broken. Is there a way to fix this? Franklin Templeton says all is well on their end and the problem is with Quicken.
  • someonehome
    someonehome Member ✭✭
    I have the same problem
  • SFraser
    SFraser Member ✭✭
    Same here.
  • Dogmeister
    Dogmeister Member ✭✭
    I also have the same problem the past few days.
  • vinylgod
    vinylgod Member ✭✭
    same problem calling quicken
  • BRK
    BRK Member
    As of Monday, 03/28/2022 I am having the same problem. My guess is that it is a consequence of a new policy at Franklin Templeton requiring 2-factor identification, which Quicken doesn't know how to do. When I encountered a similar problem with Charles Schwab Inc., the eventual solution was for Schwab's website to allow me to authorize Quicken to download data. Franklin Templeton probably needs to set us a similar facility.
  • Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    Funny, I don't need 2FA to log in to their web site. I just signed in to the mobile app and it does not do 2FA either. And I don't see a way to set it as an option. It appears both have 4 security questions it chooses from, for me. But those have been there awhile.
  • AZCoder1959
    AZCoder1959 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Thanks for the reply, @Quicken Jasmine, but I wasn't confused. I understand completely why you asked (by default) multiple people to share their logs. From past experience, I realize that is all you are "empowered" to do and I get that.

However, one, maybe two logs (three max, and that's pushing it) are all that's needed. Rather than an automatic request of logs for every new user reporting the issue, what would be more helpful to us users is a confirmation that the development side of the house is now aware of this complaint and a ticket has been issued. That would mean the difference between frustration and acceptance. Perhaps this is a suggestion to be kicked upstairs (or not).

As noted, and suggested by the many users on this thread now, it is likely a change in Franklin's security protocols that will require a tweak in the Quicken software. So 1 or 100 logs will tell the same story for those doing the analysis.

Cheers!
  • Don Awalt
    Don Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    This morning I get CC-579 even on Express Web Connect - an error saying I may have to sign out of web site? Hmm.

UPDATE: I made sure I was signed out of web and mobile, and it worked. But I tried using Direct Connect again, still the same "It's not your fault" error.
  • Momster122
    Momster122 Member ✭✭
    same problem here, please fix
  • arthurcraft
    arthurcraft Member ✭✭
    No. I am getting a 306-A error -- this account not authorized. The account has been up and working for over two years without previous problems
  • wfeigley
    wfeigley Member ✭✭
    I, too, am receiving error 306-A (This account not authorized) for each of the Franklin Templeton funds in my account.
  • swwood
    swwood Member ✭✭
    > @Don Awalt said:
    > This morning I continually get errors connecting to Franklin Templeton, without an error code - see image. I confirmed that I still have access to the web site, and I downloaded the mobile app and after being asked a security question and going through 2FA, it works fine., But Quicken still does not. I eventually deactivated online access thru Quicken and attempted to set it up again after exiting and restarting Quicken, but I get this error message below. Anyone else seeing this problem, and whose side is it on?

I have been having the same problem.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    edited March 2022 Answer ✓
    Hello @all

Thank you so much for all your patience and support as we work towards a resolution.

We have an New Active Alert in regards to Franklin Templeton and the "Sorry, it's not your fault" error, Download error (2005), and the OL-306 error.

You may follow this link in order to bookmark the Alert and remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur. 

I hope you all have a fantastic day!

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.