Why does one account at a bank not update?

fschmid
fschmid Member ✭✭✭
I have 3 accounts at the same bank setup as 3 accounts in Quicken. Two of the three accounts update fine. One does not. I tried resetting the account but still no success. It hasn't updated since last year.
Fred
Tagged:

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What bank, as shown in TOOLS, Account List?  What type of account doesn't update?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @fschmid,

Thank you for contacting the Community, I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue. 

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. What is the Financial Institution with these accounts? What is the connection method with these accounts (Quicken, Direct, Web)? Do you receive any sort of error codes or messages when trying to update? What occurs when you try to update this specific account? What kind of account is the one that will not update (Checking, credit, brokerage)? 

I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• fschmid
    fschmid Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    I am using Direct Connect for all three accounts. The bank is Fifth Third. I have two checking accounts and one savings account. One of the checking account and the saving account have been updating correctly. When I tried updating the one checking account I got the regular message "3 accounts updated, No transactions" and no error messages. I have checked the account online and there have been several transactions this year but none of them have been downloaded.

Fred
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are MULTIPLE "Fifth Third" banks in Q.  What's the name as shown where I directed you???
    Do you have "Automatically add ... turned on in EDIT, Preferences "Downloaded Transactions"?  Because when using Direct Connect, the Financial Institution is SOLELY responsible for the content of all downloads.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• fschmid
    fschmid Member ✭✭✭
    Financial institution: Fifth Third Bank
    Yes, I have "Automatically add... turned on.
    Do I need to contact the bank about this?
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    This could be the issue:
    I'm constitutionally opposed to allowing "automatic entry" in the first place as it's just too easy to have mistakes creep into your Accounts.

This discussion has been closed.