Canada - Mutual Funds not Updating (WIN) [Edited]

Answers

• BMJ
    BMJ Member ✭✭
    I have the same issue for all my mutual funds. The issue is with Quicken not with the user.
  • GJ_Walker
    GJ_Walker Member
    Problem still persists on Monday evening at 8:20pm. Awaiting Quicken to fix the link to their fund quote source which I understand to be Morningstar. A status update from Quicken support would be appropriate right about now. What is being done to resolve?
  • One Step Update did not update mutual fund prices for me on Mar 25 nor yet today (Mar 28). Stock prices and market indexes do update however. I also often notice market indexes "price day change" column is blank unless you go back to the previous day and then go forward. Would appreciate a comment from Quicken Support.
  • I'm using Quicken 2016 Home & Business R7 Build 25.1.7.9 and wondered if an update might help (although everything worked fine Mar 24). I click on "check for updates" and I get "We are unable to contact Quicken Server etc." Is this related to the quote update issue?
  • Chemguy_62
    Chemguy_62 Member
    Mutual fund downloads are not working in Quicken (Windows R33.7) either. For 3/25 and 3/28.
  • Francois971
    Francois971 Member
    I have same issue. No mutual fund quotes update since last Friday March 25th,
  • Jim G
    Jim G Member
    I am having the exact same issue. Canadian stocks are updating. All of my Canadian mutual funds have not updated since Mar 24, trying on both Mar 25 and again Mar 28th.
  • ahartery
    ahartery Member ✭✭
    My Mutual Funds have stopped updating, last update was March 24, 2022. 2 Mawer Funds & 4 RBC Funds
  • Mark R
    Mark R Member ✭✭
    edited March 29
    Financial updates are not downloading updated security prices since March 24th 2022. I am wondering whether this is a software problem.
  • crazyal
    crazyal Member
    This is often a common problem for Quicken. I end up gong to market sites to get the fund prices to update. Used to be I would get my updates by 9 PM eastern. Funny how Quicken prices for the ir software keeps increasing yet their service does not improve. Sounds like Electrical and Petroleum companies; take, take, take... The meek shall inherit the earth? RUBBISH. The greedy will.
  • crazyal
    crazyal Member
    no not a software problem. This is a Quicken service link issue. Happened before. They have a poor linkup with whatever service provides them quotes. I get them faster getting them from various sites, which defeats the whole purpose of having Quicken!!!
  • _Rick
    _Rick Member
    Mutual Funds quotes not updating. Windows R33.7. March 25, March 28 no quotes.
  • _Rick
    _Rick Member
    Same. Windows R33.7
  • CK Mercer
    CK Mercer Member
    I have same problem!
  • Veedio
    Veedio Member ✭✭
    I think it's safe to say we all have the same problem. Now WHEN is Quicken going to fix it? Hopefully they've noted how many people here are having the same issue. It needs to be fixed quickly!
  • Marc Bompoint
    Marc Bompoint Member ✭✭
    Today is March 29 and my Canadian mutual fund prices are still on March 25. Correction of the problem seems to be very slow.
  • NaF
    NaF Member
    Similar problem. Last update for mutual funds was on March 24.
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited March 29 Answer ✓
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, in the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation. While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.
    -Quicken Anja
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 29 Answer ✓
    @Mark R - Your profile shows that you have Quicken for Canada.  Is this correct?
    (QW Premier Subscription: R41.10 on Windows 10)
  • Mark R
    Mark R Member ✭✭
    Yes I am using the Canadian Software
  • Anja, there is no "Report a problem" item in the Help list in my version of Quicken (2016). Also you don't say which log files you need. The only one I can see that has recent information is the DotNetLoger.log file. This has 2 types of error "Error while downloading support info: System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden." and "UPSRestClientService::ExportProductInformationRequest - Webmethod call didn't succeed and the failure response is: - AuthHeader is missing". However these may not be related to the current quote update issue since there are many instances of these errors in the log going back many months. It's difficult to tell when they started since no year is shown in the error message - just month, day and time.
  • Abel Lopez
    Abel Lopez Member ✭✭
    @Quicken Anja I submitted a problem report back on March 25 Still waiting for someone to acknowledge ....
  • sb8301450-misc
    sb8301450-misc Member ✭✭✭
    I too have now submitted a report via Report a Problem. I am running the latest version of quicken.com for Canada.
    SWJB
  • Veedio
    Veedio Member ✭✭
    > @KerryForest00000 said:
    > Anja, there is no "Report a problem" item in the Help list in my version of Quicken (2016). Also you don't say which log files you need. The only one I can see that has recent information is the DotNetLoger.log file. This has 2 types of error "Error while downloading support info: System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden." and "UPSRestClientService::ExportProductInformationRequest - Webmethod call didn't succeed and the failure response is: - AuthHeader is missing". However these may not be related to the current quote update issue since there are many instances of these errors in the log going back many months. It's difficult to tell when they started since no year is shown in the error message - just month, day and time.

On my version (R33.7), it's under the Help tab near the bottom.

Then when you submit the report it gives the option of which files to submit and it attaches them.

See screenshot attachments.
  • JosefW
    JosefW Member ✭✭
    All of my mutual funds have not updated since Mar 24. This is not the first time that Quicken's update feature has stopped working. It always turns out to be that Quicken's database is not working properly. The fact that it has now been 5 days since it has worked shows how little attention is payed to Canadian subscribers.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Yes, it does appear that there is a known issue with securities prices not downloading into Quicken for Canada.  If you have not already done so you might want to review this thread:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7910318/canada-mutual-funds-not-updating.
  • JosefW
    JosefW Member ✭✭
    Unfortunately Quicken is now the only really comprehensive independent investment and financial management software for Canadians out there that I could find.
    It's actually a pretty good tool. They should eventually solve this issue.
    It usually takes some time before they a) recognize that this is system issue and b) figure out where the problem lies.
    Canadian users should just make their issues heard through the "Report a Problem" selection in the Help menu as Quicken recommends.
    Individual support will unfortunately assume the problem is on your end and walk you through a series of steps that will ultimately prove to be useless.
  • Boatnmaniac
    crazyal said:
    This is often a common problem for Quicken. I end up gong to market sites to get the fund prices to update. Used to be I would get my updates by 9 PM eastern. Funny how Quicken prices for the ir software keeps increasing yet their service does not improve. Sounds like Electrical and Petroleum companies; take, take, take... The meek shall inherit the earth? RUBBISH. The greedy will.
    Your profile shows you are using Quicken 2016 which is no longer supported for any online services, including securities prices downloads via Quicken.  If you really are using Quicken 2016 you will need to upgrade to a Quicken subscription (for Deluxe+) in order to restore securities downloads.
  • Gerry M.
    Gerry M. Member
    I have the same issue with Canadian Mutual Funds from AIM. MFC and EDG; last update was March 27, 2022. And yes, I've logged out and in, and rebooted, the whole nine yards, so, given the number of people with this issue, it is not something we can fix individually. Get with it Quicken, we are PAYING you for this service.
This discussion has been closed.