Received message - "Your question will be posted when it is approved."

Options
Devyn
Devyn Member ✭✭✭
Hello,

About four days ago, I attempted to post a question. I click submit, and received the message "Your question will be posted when it is approved."

The next day I checked, and saw that my post was not published, though it was listed in my "Drafts". I thought that maybe I clicked something wrong, or perhaps the site glitched, so I submitted the message that was in Drafts. I got the same message about it posting 'once approved'.

Today, it still sits in Drafts, and is not posted publicly. I don't remember posts needing to be approved before, but how long does that usually take? I imagine this community is busy, but I'm surprised it's taking several days.

Or is the site glitching?

For what it's worth, I was trying to ask a question about the ongoing Schwab issues. The last major discussion I read - within which I submitted a report to the Quicken staff member - was closed in January. There doesn't seem to be a current central thread, though I do see several individual posts. I could understand my post being merged into another thread, so maybe the moderators are trying to organize all of that disparate discussion? 

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @Devyn,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and bringing light to this situation.

While I did not see any posts from 4 days ago, I just approved a post from you that appeared to have been submitted last night. You should now see that the post from last night is publicly visible.

Also to clarify, we don't normally require posts to be approved before posting first. This particular post was, unfortunately, mistakenly flagged by our system as "Spam". While approving it, I've also marked it and your profile as "Not Spam" to prevent this going forward.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @Devyn,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and bringing light to this situation.

While I did not see any posts from 4 days ago, I just approved a post from you that appeared to have been submitted last night. You should now see that the post from last night is publicly visible.

Also to clarify, we don't normally require posts to be approved before posting first. This particular post was, unfortunately, mistakenly flagged by our system as "Spam". While approving it, I've also marked it and your profile as "Not Spam" to prevent this going forward.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

• Devyn
    Devyn Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @Quicken Anja,

Thanks for checking this out! And for approving last night's post - I've already received a helpful reply!

After this post was instantly posted, I realized I submitted it as a "question", whereas my previous attempts were submitted as a "discussion". I thought questions vs discussions might have something to do with it. So last night's post was a third attempt, posted as a "question". As you saw, it too required approval. If it was marked as spam, it's probably because it was my third posting of the same thing, ha!

It's odd you don't see previous attempts from me. If you'd like to look into it further, I'll point out that both the original post and the post you approved are still sitting in my Drafts (which only appeared after hitting 'submit' on each one). Here's a screenshot. The top one is the one you approved.

I appreciate your help. If you'd like any more info for your own curiosity, let me know.

Otherwise, I'm just happy the post is up, and already getting some help. Thank you!

• Quicken Anja
    Options
    Thank you for your response and follow-up.

The drafts issue (posts getting saved in drafts without selecting "Save Draft") is something that has been reported previously and I believe is still being worked on. 

Thank you for clarifying posting question vs discussion. For now, I will keep an eye out for this and monitor to see if this is something we will need to get reported as well. Since I marked your post and profile as "Not Spam", you should not have any trouble posting going forward, but please do reach back out and let us know if this reoccurs.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Also... sometimes the forum software detects a Spam-type posting - and will wait for "approval" -
    I think I have been caught with sharing an "1-8-hundred" type number.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.