Web version won't download transactions past the 1st of the year.

Since the change to web version the program won't download transactions much after the first of the year. Simplifi seems Ok and up to date with advisories.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Gordon Terroux,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

I believe it would be better suited for you to reach out to Quicken Support directly instead. They also have the ability to screen share with you (if you feel comfortable doing so) and will be better equipped to help you accomplish and set up what you need.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Gordon Terroux
    Gordon Terroux Member ✭✭
    The answer provided was comprehensive but appears related to older transactions which I have and not he more recent stuff, which I don’t have and can’t download.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    We need more information. What financial institutions? What version of Quicken? How are you downloading transactions? What do you mean by "web version"? Quicken is still desktop software.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gordon Terroux said: Since the change to web version the program won't download transactions much after the first of the year.
    Not sure what you mean - as there is no Web Version - there is Quicken On The Web accessed via any broswer.
    In this case, the desktop Quicken software has selected certain Quicken Accounts to be Sync'd with the Quicken Cloud, which in turn provides that data to the Quicken Mobile App, and Quicken on the Web -

SO - does your Quicken desktop software download all the transactions you are wanting ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Gordon Terroux
    Gordon Terroux Member ✭✭
    None of my accounts will download on the Quicken web software. When the web version was installed (Jan 2022) It went back to about the last 3 months of 2021 and downloaded those, but nothing from 2022.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    I'm  trying to understand what you're doing.  Are you inputting transactions to QWeb that aren't downloading to Q desktop?  OR, are they not  coming into QWeb from your banks/etc?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Gordon Terroux
    Gordon Terroux Member ✭✭
    No manual entries. I will adjust the splits and correct the assignments but I have better things to do than manual entry. That's why I bought Quicken. No, the transactions are not downloading from the source anymore.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Didn't answer my questions. Nor that of @Ps56k2, which you apparently rejected.

• Gordon Terroux
    Gordon Terroux Member ✭✭
    I answered your questions. I may use different terminology but I answered you. No, the current transactions from multiple sources will not download to the web Quicken. They used to download very nicely on the desktop software. Is that any clearer?
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Gordon Terroux said:  No, the current transactions from multiple sources will not download to the web Quicken.
    And how exactly do you access this "web Quicken" ?  like this ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Greg_the_Geek
    Again, what financial institutions? What version of Quicken? How are you downloading transactions?
  • Gordon Terroux
    Gordon Terroux Member ✭✭
    I owe all of you an apology. Took me a while to dredge up my activity because it was 3 minths back . At that time I had a backup file stored on my machine and I installed that. No download involved. It's only since that point that the newer stuff won't download. Why wait so long? ----- other things to deal with. Again, an apology from the resident dummy. G
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still confused on the whole situation, and all the unanswered Q&A -
    and what exactly you are doing, not downloading, and what you are looking for help accomplishing

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Gordon Terroux
    Gordon Terroux Member ✭✭
    Just need to be able to download my various accounts to Quicken on an occasional basis. The question is simple------ how do I get my Quicken download to work. One of your folks joined me about a week ago in a share situation, went through a number of checks with me, then said he'd have to get someone with more knowledge and I should stay on hold. I waited about half an hour then someone hung the phone up.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    We are not Quicken employees, just other Quicken users who are designated SuperUsers due to our knowledge of Quicken. You need to contact Quicken Customer Care if you want a Quicken employee.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You've NEVER straightened out your terminology to something that we can understand.  Download FROM WHERE?  INTO WHERE?

• Gordon Terroux
    Gordon Terroux Member ✭✭
    Primarily download transactions from my bank account & credit card accounts into my Quicken account. I don't think I can make it any simpler than that. I have been downloading that info for years with the old software and I can't do it with the new web-based stuff. Does that clear anything up for you?
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    I asked 2 simple straight-forward questions: Download FROM WHERE?  INTO WHERE?
    Into WHAT Quicken account? On QWeb? Or Q Desktop? 
    You directly and simply answered neither
    You've been evasive/non-responsive about this previously.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Primarily download transactions from my bank account & credit card accounts into my Quicken account. I don't think I can make it any simpler than that. I have been downloading that info for years with the old software and I can't do it with the new web-based stuff. Does that clear anything up for you?
    To try and clarify - we asked if you were using a browser and seeing the same screen layout as I posted above - no answer.
    There is no WEB VERSION - unless you are accessing the - Quicken on the Web -
    Quicken Web Access
    or the totally different - Simplifi product.
    https://www.quicken.com/simplifi/

The only place transactions are downloaded - is to the desktop Quicken software.
    The Quicken on the Web - is a "view" of your accounts - real time - accessing and viewing your selected Quicken accounts.
    The Quicken Mobile App - is a "view" of your.....
    SO - if you are accessing the Quicken on the Web - then you should be seeing the same screen as I posted above, and the accounts should be real-time updating the "view" as dictated by each financial institution.
    If you are NOT seeing this - then I would suggest starting with your Quicken desktop software, and making sure all the accounts are still properly selected for Sync'ing with the Quicken Cloud (Quicken on the Web) and go from there.
    We are not looking over your shoulder at your screen -
    but just trying to play 20 questions to determine the answers to all these baseline questions....

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Hello @Gordon Terroux,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

I believe it would be better suited for you to reach out to Quicken Support directly instead. They also have the ability to screen share with you (if you feel comfortable doing so) and will be better equipped to help you accomplish and set up what you need.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

Click here to review Quicken Support's hours of operation.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.