Unable to create 401k account R39.23

akburgs
akburgs Member
edited April 2022 in Investing (Windows)
While attempting to workaround a different Quicken issue (corrupt Investment account - unable to edit securities), I am now unable to create a 401k account. I've sent two 'dump reports' but need to understand if there's a broader issue and when a fix can be expected.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Hello @akburgs,

Thank you for contacting the Community, though I am sorry that you are experiencing this issue. 

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. What version of Quicken are you running? You can see this by going to Help>About Quicken. What is the Financial Institution that you are trying to add your 401k to Quicken with? What occurs when trying to add this account? Do you receive any sort of error codes or messages?

I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    akburgs said: While attempting to workaround a different Quicken issue (corrupt Investment account - unable to edit securities), I am now unable to create a 401k account.
    While you already have one Quicken problem - I don't think it's safe to proceed and troubleshoot yet ANOTHER problem -
    You really should RESTORE to get back to a point when your Quicken data is intact, complete, and stable...
    SO... what version do you have - ... Help --> About Quicken
    What brokerage has your 401k Account - and what happens when you try to Add Account for your 401k ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.